There is a lot of options available in the market to read contents of an Outlook offline data file. In this post, three best OST viewer are discussed. One can read about them to know more about each product before buying the full version.
An Offline storage table stores all emails in a single file with .ost extension. It is a single repository that stores mailbox copy of the Exchange data on the local machine. This file is propriety to Outlook application. To read the contents of an old OST file alternative solutions are needed. These software solutions are available in the market at low cost and provide effective solutions. Some of them provide the best answers a user looks for. While others may not be best suited to view contents of Outlook OST file.
Top 3 Best OST Viewer to Read OST File
Normally a user tries to download a free version of each OST viewer to try and find which one is the best. This is a good practice and should be used when hoping to buy licensed version of the product. To spare the needless hassle, this post describes some of the best free OST viewer.
This is definitely a quality product and brand when considering data file recovery and repair. Freeviewer is a well-known name in the data migration and security business. One can not talk about best OST viewer without mentioning the one from this brand.
- Standalone Application: This tool is by far the best free OST viewer. The tool does not require Exchange server environment to work. It can operate and read emails without it. Hence, the OST file browser is a standalone application.
- Effective Forensic Analysis: The tool provides facility to read email messages from a password protected or encrypted .ost file. This could be useful in forensics point of view. The OST file explorer can be used to read emails from any OST file.
- View Emails with Attributes: The free version of the product is also very efficient and can generate a preview of all email files with attributes. The best OST viewer displays emails along with to, from, sent, received date and file size in bytes.
This is another likely candidate for the category of best OST viewer. It is very easy-to-use and user-friendly tool that can provide an effective solution to read corrupt OST file contents. Following are some of the tool features to name a few:
- Upload Multiple OST Files in Bulk: The tool is a powerful algorithm that can preview contents from multiple .ost files one at a time. It is a best free OST Reader that can generate a preview of each email file with attachments.
- Outlook Installation not Required: There are no prerequisites to making the OST File Browser work. No Outlook installation is needed to view OST file contents. Furthermore, Live Microsoft Exchange server environment is not necessary at all to read OST data.
- View Optimized OST File Results: The OST file explorer can open OST file items in an optimized way. It displays all the error logs and crash report prior to opening the Outlook offline file data in the tool. The location to save recovered data can be changed as well to save some space on the primary drive.
This is yet another effective solution to read OST file without Outlook. It is a simple yet efficient tool that can help a user to read contents from Outlook offline data file. Some of the very many features of this best OST viewer has been listed below:
- Dual Modes of OST File Scanning: The free OST file explorer provides dual modes of OST file scanning. One is the quick scanning mode during import that repairs any minor corruptions in Outlook data file. The other is Advanced Scanning mode for highly corrupt or damaged OST file.
- Read OST File Calendar and Contacts: This best free OST viewer can preview calendar and contacts data along with emails. Distribution Lists are also displayed on the left panel of the software interface. A different tab is denoted for each different mailbox item.
- Multiple Different File Preview Modes: There are six different preview modes available to read OST file data. These are Hex, Normal, properties view, MIME view, HTML view, RTF view, message headers, and one with attachments. These can be useful in forensic analysis of emails.
These are just some of different Best OST Viewer available in the market. It is important therefore to make a note of what it that is required for a professional solution. This helps in determining which one tool will make it to the top of the list. Some of them will be best suited for the current need to view OST file contents while other may not. It is recommended that one should read all about the different solutions available and make the best decision going forward. Hopefully, the information mentioned here will be enough to make an informed decision on buying a product.