Steps for Gmail to Outlook migration is what every next user is searching. Gmail is a web-based email client whereas Outlook is a desktop-based email client. It needs to be downloaded, installed and configured to be used. You can also connect to your social network from Outlook inbox, and Gmail is one such web-mail platforms. Need for accessing emails & contacts from either profile can emerge at any point. Mostly users would like to read and handle all their email accounts from the same interface. Hence, in this blog the possible ways for Gmail to Outlook Migration have been discussed.
Manual Solution for How to Setup Gmail Account in Outlook
Setting up Gmail Account To Connect With Microsoft Outlook
- Log-in to your Google Gmail Account.
- Click on the Gear icon at the top right side and select Settings.
- Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab on the links given above your Inbox.
- In POP Download, click on Enable POP for all mail that arrives from now on.
- Now select Archive Gmail’s Copy in the drop down box next to When Messages Are Accessed With POP.
- Click on Save Changes at the bottom to save all your changes.
This method setup your Google Gmail account so that MS Outlook is able to download messages through POP3 protocol.
To access Gmail messages through IMAP, proceed with above mention steps 1 to 3 then in the IMAP Access and select Enable IMAP. You can either select the POP or IMAP but cannot select both at the same time. Auto Configure Gmail to Outlook.
When you are done, you can configure Gmail to Microsoft Outlook automatically by following steps:
- From the File menu (Office button in Office 2007), select Add New Account.
- Enter your email ID and password in the dialog box that appears.
- Click on Next.
- Microsoft Outlook will take few minutes to search for Gmail settings and will configure the account for you.
Note: That if you select POP in the Settings of Gmail account, you will get a POP3 account MS Outlook & If you select IMAP in Gmail account, you get an IMAP account in Microsoft Outlook. If you want to transfer Gmail to Microsoft Outlook manually.
Settings To Configuring Gmail in MS Outlook Manually
- From the File menu, go to Add Account.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types in the dialog box that appears.
- Click Next.
- Select Internet Email and again click Next.
- Enter your name, email address and password in the dialog box that appears.
- Go under Account Type, select POP if you wish to create a POP3 account. For IMAP, select IMAP account.
- Depending on the type of your account, enter pop.gmail.com or imap.gmail.com for the incoming server.
- For outgoing server, enter smtp.gmail.com
- Click on More Settings.
- In Outgoing Server tab, select My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires Authentication.
- Now select Use Same Settings As My Incoming Server.
- Go to the Advanced Tab.
- For creating a POP3 account, enter 995 in Incoming Server Port, and for creating an IMAP account, enter 993 in Incoming Server Port.
- Click on This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection & for IMAP account, set the encryption to SSL.
- Enter the value 587 in Outgoing Server Port and set the type of encryption to TLS & click OK.
- Click on Test Account Settings… to test the settings of Outlook account.
- Now a message will display saying your account settings are correct. Then click Next in the dialog box.
It explains how to configure Microsoft Outlook for Gmail account. Now it’s all set. You successfully transfer Gmail to Outlook. You can now forget your Gmail account as you can see all that stuff in the Outlook.com account.
Alternate Solution to Setup Gmail in Outlook
As you see that manual method is so lengthy & time consuming. Here we have an alternative so that user can export Gmail to MS Outlook in few steps. The Gmail Backup tool is the solution that is easy to use. This tool takes less time to complete the process and there is no loss of data. It is secured & safe for transferring your important data. The tool can be used by both business & home users. It is a professional solution for Gmail to Outlook migration.
Wrapping it up
There are times when employees need to access personal Gmail account from workplace Outlook account or vice-a-versa. Many searches for add Gmail account to Outlook. Often users face the difficulty of not being able to communicate as often as they like using contacts on both profiles. Many prefer the manual procedure which is highly time consuming and irrelevant considering the alternatives present in the market. One such better alternative is to use Gmail Backup Tool that makes PST & EML files & then import these files to Microsoft Outlook. It sync Gmail to Outlook efficiently and lets them communicate with contacts from both Google and Outlook accounts & also operate their Gmail account through Outlook.