One of the most common issues that most Outlook users encounter is Duplicate items like emails or contacts or tasks. This problem comes in for a long time but Outlook has never come up with a rock-solid solution. Many things that can cause Outlook items to become duplicated, but two of the most common causes/sources are:
- Rules Settings Change in Outlook Email Account
- Syncing Outlook to multiple platforms
- Import PST files or folder to Outlook account
If you have the problem in your Outlook account where emails are continuously duplicating then it’s likely that setting the rules of Outlook account causes the emails to become duplicated. Here are some of the techniques that can help you to cope up with the rules setting causing duplicacy in Outlook account.
- Disable or remove all the rules [Tool | Rules and Alerts] from Outlook account. If you find out that the particular one or more rules are causing the issue of duplication then your Outlook account will never face the problem.
- Temporarily disable the “Leave a copy of messages on the server” setting in Outlook, if you are currently using it for one or more specified email accounts [open your email account(s) | More Settings | Advanced | Leave a copy of messages on the server]. Again, if this is the source of the Outlook email duplication, your Outlook items will no longer get duplicated.
- Delete one or more of your Outlook email accounts, and re-add it.
Manual Process for Removing Outlook Duplicate Items
There are methods for deleting Outlook duplicate data items that help the user to understand how to hinder Outlook duplicate emails. We will even understand the process how the automated tool works.
How to Manually Delete Outlook Duplicate Items – Manual Task
Use the following steps to duplicate items:
- In the Outlook 2007 and other versions Current View on the View menu, and then click to change the folder view to a table type view. In Outlook 2003, point to Arrange By on the View menu, point to Current View, and then click to change the folder view to a table type view.
- Right-click a column heading, and then click Field Chooser.
- From the list at the top of the Field Chooser, click to select the All fields.
- Drag the Modified field to the table heading.
- Verify that the duplicate items have a unique date from the original set of items. If it is unique, click the Modified heading so that the items are sorted by this field.
- Click the first item in the set that you want to delete, scroll to the last item in the set that you want to delete, and then click the last item while you hold down the SHIFT key.
- Press DELETE to permanently delete all selected items.
In order to perform these steps fast and at speed user need to follow up these steps one by one and if there is any type of mistake then they could lead to trouble. It’s better to use some of the automated tools that help the user to manage these duplicate items very easily. One of the tools is SysTools Outlook Duplicate Remover. This tool will help the user to fight back against all duplicate data items whether its contacts or emails or any other part. Outlook Duplicate email remover is one of the best and professional way to tackle the problem.
Outlook duplicate email remover is one of the best way to eliminate with this problem. But we still have covered the manual method to remove PST to Office 365 account. So that the limitations that come in can be tackled up easily.