Microsoft Outlook is a desktop-based email client, which is used for business and personal use. It supports a file extension called PST or Personal Storage Table. The Personal Storage Table consists of contacts, calendar, messages etc. On the other hand, MBOX is the widely used file extension to store emails. It is used by various email clients like Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Seamonkey, Pocomail, and Entourage. But when a user wants to switch from Outlook there is a need for conversion from PST to MBOX on MAC machine. Thus, this article will let users understand how to convert Outlook PST to MBOX for MAC.
Let us understand the topic with the help of query:
“I have been using Outlook for some time but my PST file keeps getting corrupted. Now, I want to convert my PST file to MBOX and import it into Apple Mail. But the problem is I really do not know how to do it. Could someone guide me how to convert from PST to MBOX? Thanks in Advance.”
Reasons to Convert PST file to MBOX
1. Change of job: In case of change of job from one to another. If the previous company uses Windows Outlook and the new company uses Mac Mail. In this case, a user wants to transfer all the old data from Windows to Mac Mail than in that case conversion will take place from PST to MBOX format.
2. Change in Organization: In the current organization, if it previously used Outlook and now it has switched over to Mac Mail. In that case, previous data has to be shifted from Outlook to Mac Mail for all the employees. So you have to convert Outlook PST to MBOX for Mac.
3. Money Matter: Users are probably familiar that Outlook is a paid service and Mac Mail is a free service. It is available as a default application on MAC. This is the reason why export from Outlook Mail to Apple Mail takes place.
5. Platform Independence: Apple Mail is strongly compatible with MAC devices. If the user is already using MAC devices, using Apple Mail will be better for the user instead of Outlook.
A Reliable Tool to Convert PST to MBOX for Mac in a Simplest Way
A user can take help of MBOX to PST Converter, a professional solution to export PST file on Mac machine. The tool converts PST to EML, MBOX, EMLX and MSG format. It gives provision to export Outlook PST file in batch also by offering two modes i.e. Files and Folders to export PST files. Moreover, there is a date-based filter to convert selective emails to MBOX format. Apart from all this, multiple naming conventions is also offered by the software while converting PST to MSG, EML and MBOX. Lastly, it is compatibility with Mac OSX10.8 and above versions.
Functioning of PST Converter
- To begin with, start the Mac PST Converter Tool
- Then, click on Add files option in order to add PST files
- Now, navigate to the location where PST file is stored and select the file
- In order to add PST files in bulk, the user can select complete folder
- Afterward, navigate to the folder and select Choose option
- Then, the folder has been added. It will be available on the user interface
- Click on the Next button
- Selection of MBOX radio button has to take place to export PST into MBOX
- Filters can be specified like:
Date Filter- It helps to filter out final file according to date filter.
Folder Hierarchy- The folder structure of MBOX is intact.
- Click on “…” button to choose the final destination of exported MBOX file
- Then select Choose button in order to navigate and select the location of MBOX file
- The destination path will appear
- Afterward, click on the Export button
- Lastly, the export process will be completed successfully
The above article helps users understand how to convert PST file into MBOX format. There are plenty of reasons why users want to convert Outlook PST to MBOX for Mac this includes official reasons, money matters, platform independence etc. There is a tool named as PST converter for Mac that a user can try to convert PST file to MBOX quickly without any risk of loss of data.