Lotus Domino and MS Exchange Server both are used as an emailing platform. Although, both these applications are enriched with varied features and are popular among the email users mostly in business organizations. But somehow, most of the users are finding Microsoft Exchange server more attractive because of its outstanding features, which enables to ease the challenging works. Upon analysis, we have noticed that most of the users are switching from IBM Notes to Exchange Server. As a result, users want to know the accurate procedure on how to migrate Domino to Exchange Server.
If you are also willing to perform migration from IBM Domino to Exchange Online, then simply go through the following blog. Understand the best yet reliable technique to migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange Server.
Suggested Tip: If users are finding difficult to find an appropriate solution over the tedious manual technique. Simply switch to the most trusted and verstatile software i.e., Lotus Notes to Exchange Server Migration. It is the recommended software by the experts after thoroughly researching with other competitor tools.
Why wait then? Download the free demo version from the below-given button!
What is the Best Solution to Migrate from Domino to Exchange 2016?
From our research, we found that most of the companies which were previously deploying IBM Lotus Notes and Domino server is planning to migrate Lotus Domino to Exchange Server. Therefore, it becomes a challenging task to find the perfect solution that lets to perform migration from IBM Domino to Exchange Online. To make the searching process simpler to the users, we will disclose a foolproof solution for the same in the upcoming section.
If you are thinking to choose a third-party application for NSF to Exchange 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc. migration. It is important to find the tool out of the hundred software that best suits the requirements. This migration process is not that simple as even a small error may result in big problems. The admin of Exchange Server must be aware of all the complexities which can occur during this conversion process and should know some methods to tackle those situations if somehow anything wrong occurs so that they can avoid risks.
How to migrate Domino to Exchange 2013, 2010 and other versions avoiding all risks via manual technique?
Microsoft provides its own utility called Migration Wizard which allows users to extract data from many email clients such as Lotus Notes, Groupwise, Microsoft Mail and others. Although this application is helpful in many cases but there are some limitations of using it.
Limitations of Using Manual Technique
1. Speed is Slow while Migrating from Domino to Exchange: The migration process using the in-built utility is quite time consuming process. This is because only single item can be migrated at a time. It may be difficult for migration of huge database using this utility.
2. Co-existence between Old & New Mail Systems: At the beginning of migration, you will have to set up the coexistence between both Domino & Exchange servers and the set up should be maintained until all users and data migrate from Domino to Exchange. The tools which allow coexistence between Exchange and IBM Notes are mentioned below to migrate Lotus Domino to Exchange:
- The Microsoft Connector for Lotus notes
- The Microsoft Exchange Calendar Connector
- Microsoft Exchange Migration Wizard
3. Migration of each Mailbox Individually: Using all these tools is not that simple and you will have to migrate each email and other items of mailbox like contacts, journals, calendar, tasks, etc. individually. As a result, this migration process becomes complex to handle. Moreover, there occurs loss of data and data integrity issues using this utility.
How to Migrate Domino to Exchange Server – A Professional Solution
As now we are pretty much familiar with the complexities held while migrating IBM Domino to Exchange Online via in-built utility. As the migration is taking place between two servers, nobody wants to risks with their server database and to loss their data and its integrity. Moreover, due to time constraints, it becomes a major hurdle as in the case of huge database, it could take some days or months to implement Domino to Exchange migration.
Therefore, to overcome all these troublesome manual issues, it is best suggested to avail Lotus Notes to Exchange Online Migrator tool. With this, the answer to how to migrate Domino to Exchange is completely solved. It is the best alternative over the time-consuming manual approach. Moreover, in just a couple of clicks, the software migrate complete Lotus Domino mailboxes to Exchange Server. It is induced with numerous advanced features such as option to remove encryption from emails, thus encrypted NSF emails can be smoothly migrated to the destination Exchange Online.
The Winding Thoughts
It becomes tedious to deal with the challenges held in the manual workaround to answer “How to migrate Domino to Exchange.” This is why we have introduced a hassle-free solution using the result-oriented automated tool.
The utility work wonders to perform migration from IBM Domino to Exchange Online at ease using its outstanding features. Users can avail free demo version of the software to check the complete functionalities rendered by the utility to migrate Lotus Domino to Exchange Online.