How to Sync Thunderbird Address Book With Android via Hassle-Free Solution
"I am using Thunderbird email application and I am trying to sync it out with my Android phone. I have large contacts in my Thunderbird account. So, I need a solution that can help me to get all the contacts from my Thunderbird account to the Android phone. It is very important for me to have my Thunderbird Address Book filled with my existing contacts. Can you please help me to find a hassle-free solution, which can sync Thunderbird address book with Android phone. Thanks in advance."
Does the query seem similar to you? Are you also having the same questions in your mind? Are you also looking a solution to synchronize Thunderbird address book with Android phone? If the answer is yes, then you are at the right place. We are here to guide you thoroughly on how to transfer Thunderbird contacts to Android using manual as well as via an automated solution. Let’s talk about why it is needed to sync or import Thunderbird address book to Android phone.
Why it is required to Synchronize Thunderbird Address Book With Android?
There are multiple advantages of using Mozilla Thunderbird application and its address book. But, still, users want to sync Thunderbird address book to Android devices and tablets. The basic idea behind the export of files is that they can access necessary contacts on several platforms without bothering about the time. Transferring Thunderbird address book to an android phone will allow a user to reach out other mail applicants very easily. Additionally, a user cannot have access to their desktop every time thus restricting them to access Thunderbird account data like contact files. As a result, a user demands to import or transfer Thunderbird contacts to Android and sync all data to their electronic devices for frequent and easy access.
How to Sync Thunderbird Address Book With Android Manually?
The manual method will complete the two-phase procedure. These steps are discussed just one after the another in the following section.
- Import Thunderbird Address Book to vCard Format
- Synchronize Thunderbird Address Book with Android Devices
Step 1: Import Thunderbird Address Book to vCard Format
You can import the Thunderbird contacts to vCard by following the below-mentioned steps:
- First, open the Mozilla Thunderbird application and click on Address book button.
- Then, select the Personal Address Book option from the window.
- After that, click on Tools menu >> Select Export option in the drop-down menu.
- In the Export window, select the Save as Type as vCard or VCF to import Thunderbird address book to Android.
- Now, choose the desired location on your system to store the VCF files and give them the desired name.
- At the end of this procedure, the Thunderbird address books are saved in vCard format, which is further used to import Thunderbird contacts to Android devices or tablets.
Step 2:Sync Thunderbird Address Book With Android Devices
Now, you have to actually transfer the Thunderbird address book to Android phones or device by importing vCard into it. To achieve this method, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, open your Android device >> Open the phone Menu >> Select Contacts option.
- Then, go to the More option >> Choose Import/Export option to import Thunderbird contacts to Android phone.
- Now, an import window will appear in front of you where you have to click on Choose File option >> Select the vCard files that are previously stored in the first phase.
- Next, in Create Contact Under Account text box >> Choose the desired local contact icon & move it to a local device.
(you can also choose the desired email account to import contacts from Thunderbird to Android.)
- Now, you have to wait till the vCard file is searched on the internal storage.
- Finally, click on the OK button to proceed with the synchronization.
To sync Thunderbird Address Book with Android using this manual solution is quite an easy way. But as per the user queries, in the next section, we have discussed another hassle-free solution to move Thunderbird contacts to Android phones.
Limitations of Manual Approach
In the above stated manual method, there are chances of data loss during or after the implementation. So, it is recommended to take a backup of the Address Book file for security reasons. Also, the manual method has very lengthy and technical steps, which is hard to understand for non-technical users.
Due to some of these limitations of the manual methods, some users try to avoid these and search for relevant automated solutions. Keeping the things in mind, it is recommended to go for a third-party tool like MAB Converter software. It overcomes all the limitations of the manual solution. By using this tool, users can import or sync large contacts of Thunderbird with Android devices.
Most of the users are using Thunderbird program for mailing purpose and many of them may demand to sync Thunderbird Address Book with Android devices of tablets. Manually, it is difficult to perform the two-phase lengthy process of synchronization. So, in this blog, a reliable professional solution is recommended to use.