Why users save AOL Mail to Computer Hard drive?The causes or reasons for common users to export AOL Mail from cloud varies due to the following
- AOL Mail Overflow
- AOL Mail Outage
- Sign-in issues in AOL Mail
- Personal (Important) data theft from AOL Cloud
- AOL Mail not receiving emails
- Can’t send emails from AOL Mail
Manually Download AOL Mail to ComputerThe best manual method to save AOL Mail on the computer is to export AOL email to another email client and then back up the AOL Mail. Here we have taken Outlook to backup AOL emails, for the reason that Outlook has online and offline working compatibility along with easy backup capability. To get the emails forwarded from AOL to Outlook, follow the steps carried out below
- Launch Windows Microsoft Outlook.
- Go to File >> click Add account button.
- Check Manual setup or additional server types & proceed.
- Select POP or IMAP radio button.
- Provide User and Account type details
- First & Last (User Full name)
- Account type: POP (or IMAP for retaining emails in AOL Mail)
- Incoming Server: “pop.aol.com”
- Outgoing Server: “smtp.aol.com”
- Provide user AOL Credentials
- Then, Click on More settings
- Check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”Click the Outgoing Server Tab:
- Choose “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”
- Move to Advanced Tab & provide the following
- Incoming Server: 995; Encryption: SSL
- Outgoing Server: 465; Encryption: SSL
- Click Next for account verification.
- Go to File (Menu bar) >> Import/Export
- Opt. Export to a file selection provided
- Select (.pst) File type to export
- Select Folder to export
- Browse destination to save the exported file
Where Does the Manual Method Limits?Though the above manual method seems to be easy, when it is performed the process becomes robust as a single mistake caused will need to redo the whole process again and again (till mistake resolved). Thus, from the above manual method, the following drawbacks could be taken out
- Time in-efficient/Lengthy process (syncing AOL emails to Outlook, for a large number of AOL email files)
- Mistakes in configuration may frustrate the user
Software to Archive AOL Emails EffortlesslyFrom the drawbacks in the manual method, the users needed a better-mannered method which could easily download AOL Mail onto the system. A method founded that effortlessly archives all or selected AOL emails to the local system or the hard drive is SysTools AOL Backup Tool. The option of Delete after Download in the software fulfills the archiving mechanism of AOL Mail to the system. Some highlighted properties are mentioned below:
- Backup all or selected AOL emails including default and user-defined email folders
- Provides customizable internet bandwidth option
- Supports backup of emails from @verizon.net; @aol.com