As we all must be knowing that Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular email application across the globe, so all the MS Outlook users must be familiar with the PST file format. It is the file format used by Outlook to store the mailbox data i.e. emails, contacts, calendars, etc. Moreover, this PST file can be easily accessed on any other system without Outlook as well. Then at that time, the first question that strikes in user’s mind is how to open Outlook PST file without Outlook? It can be due to a number of reasons which also includes corruption of PST file. All such type of situations makes this difficult for a user to edit an Outlook data file (.pst). This blog describes the best possible approaches to view PST file contents in an efficient and effective manner.
“Hi, I want to open Outlook PST file in the absence of Outlook. Since I use Thunderbird on my system as my personal mail application. The file is provided to me by one of my friends so that I can analyze few things for completing an assignment. Can anyone suggest me how to open Outlook PST file without Outlook? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!”
Is the above-described query same as yours? Are you also stuck in the same situation? If yes, then do not worry because this article explains the complete techniques to open and access Microsoft PST file in the absence of Outlook in a simplified manner without any extra efforts. Read this blog in detail to know more the process to open PST file.
How to Open Outlook PST File Without Outlook Manually?
Almost all the Microsoft Outlook users are aware of the fact that it is almost next to impossible to open Outlook Data file without MS Outlook. Since all the Manual Approaches have some limitations associated with them. Therefore, users do not prefer to use the Manual Approach. Some of these limitations are listed below:
- Using this Manual Approach, only one single mail can be viewed at a time which consumes a lot of time to access PST file in the absence of Microsoft Outlook.
- The Manual Approach is not capable to view the Outlook attachments. This approach can only give the preview of the Email data without MS Outlook.
- The Manual approach to access PST file is quite lengthy and complex as compared to other professional approaches.
As already discussed in the above-section, that Manual Approach is hard to perform in the absence of MS Outlook. Then, how to open Outlook PST file without Outlook? So the answer to this is that if anyone wants to open Outlook data files without the installation of Microsoft Outlook on their personal system, then they are simply suggested to go for any third-party professional utility like SysTools PST File Viewer. This software is available free of cost and also provides some extensive features including dual scanning mode in order to scan and view corrupted PST File.
Key-Features of the Software
- Provides the preview of Outlook Data items including emails, contacts, notes, etc.
- Capable to open Outlook Emails along with attachments
- Provides Quick and Advance Scanning modes
- Scan and View Outlook PST file without any file size limitation
- Capable to view multiple Microsoft Outlook PST files simultaneously
- Supports PST file of MS Outlook 2016 & all the below versions
The Last Words
This blog provides the best possible answer to the question how to open Outlook PST file without Outlook. As already described, there is no Manual Approach which is capable to access PST file in the absence of Outlook. Therefore, as per the expert’s advice, if any user wants to access PST file without Outlook, then they must go for any professional third-party utility like the one discussed in this blog, which is SysTools PST File Reader Application.