How to Read MSG Files without Outlook With Ultimate Solution
When users drag and drop a single email to the desktop from Outlook, it is saved in MSG file format. So, MSG is nothing more than a file format used by MS Outlook to download and save individual Outlook emails. But, the problem is how to read MSG files without Outlook on Windows PC. In this article, we will provide a solution to read Outlook MSG files with or without Outlook.
There are many users who have put in need of viewing MSG files without the use of MS Outlook or any other MSG-compatible application. Let’s take a look at one of those user queries
“I want to open the MSG file which is stored on my local drive and recently deleted MS Outlook from my system due to an application malfunction. How can I open MSG files without Outlook installed and configured on my system?”
However, this user query is asked by a large number of people on the web, so we will shed light on the manual and third-party solutions present to execute this task.
Table of Content
Open MSG File Without MS Outlook – Manual Approach
MSG files that are saved on the hard disk and are not connected to a desktop email client application like MS Outlook can be viewed through a manual approach. The detailed process to read the MSG file has been given below:
- Copy all the MSG files into a New folder.
- Open this folder and then click on the button named “Tools” which is present in the menu at the top and choose “Folder Options”.
- Click on the tab “View” and scroll down to “Hide file extensions for known file types”. Uncheck the box next to it.
- Click on “Apply”. If it is active, Then click on “OK”.
- Now open the folder containing MSG files. They will be visible now.
- Right-click on the visible MSG files and choose the option “Rename”. Delete and reset the extension to “.mht”.
- Lastly, Click the “Next” button on the confirmation prompt. The entire process will get concluded, and you can view MSG file easily.
- Double-click on the MSG files and now you can directly access them through your web browser.
The manual approach explained helps to convert MSG files to a viewable format known as MHT. MHT is a web page file format that includes images, flash animations, and applets in HTML documents.
The steps in the previous section can be implemented to modify MSG files for access without MS Outlook. The procedure is easy to apply, but a serious drawback is that it can damage the MSG files. Therefore, it is highly recommended to choose a third-party solution to avoid data corruption.
Also Read: How to save Outlook messages as pdf
Read MSG File without Outlook With Ultimate Solution
This software allows you to browse and read MSG files along with attachments. By using this application users can preview MSG files with Hex View, MIME View, RTF View, and so on. By using this software users can open Outlook MSG emails without any email application. Auto-Locate the folder containing MSG files present on the user’s PC. It has a simple GUI (Graphic User interface) technical and non-technical both users can use this without facing any issues.
Working Steps to Open MSG Files without Outlook
- Firstly, install and launch the software on your Windows PC
- After that, right hit to add MSG file.
- Now, read the MSG file message and preview emails with attachments
- Finally, the tool provides several views option to read MSG files without Outlook in Windows OS
Beneficial Features of the Application
It contains the following set of useful features that make it a recommended solution:
- Provides a preview of all MSG files along with attachments.
- You can transform MSG to Adobe PDF for making it platform-independent.
- This tool provides an attachment view mode to view attachment files in Zoom In/Zoom Out/ Rotate.
- Sorts MSG Emails According to attributes: From, To, Sent, Received, etc.
- Transfers view modes as per ease Horizontal and vertical view modes.
- Users can run this tool on several PCs and laptops without any difficulties
- Download the MSG View tool on any version of Windows OS.
- Windows Explorer style UI for viewing MSG files and making folder search less complicated
This tool can be used to read MSG files without running the risk of data corruption of MSG file contents. The software is highly efficient and quick in executing its operations. It is the most suitable option as the manual approach leads to corruption while trying to open MSG files without Outlook.
We have carried out a discussion of the two methods i.e. manual approach and automated solutions to read MSG files without Outlook. Since manual focus may cause data corruption, it is recommended to gain access to use third-party software. This can help to open MSG data, as well as its embedded attachments, without MS Outlook.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. 1- Can I open MSG files without Outlook on Windows OS?
Ans. Yes, You can open MSG files without Outlook on any version of Windows, by using the above-mentioned application. By using this software users can view all files including emails, contacts, calendars, and tasks.
Q. 2- Is there any manual method to read MSG files without any email clients?
Ans. Yes, but there is no guarantee to read the message file without an email client. Users may also lose their data. If you don’t want to risk losing data, opt for an automatic solution.