Are you Googling for a solution on how to recover data from .bak file in Outlook account? Whether your Outlook BAK files are corrupted? Do not worry. Here is the solution for your worries. Find the quick solution to repair corrupted BAK file effortlessly in a reliable way.
What is Outlook BAK file? The Outlook BAK file is generated when the user runs Inbox repair tool to repair the damaged PST files. The ScanPST.exe utility asks to create a backup of the PST file before it starts repairing the file. One needs to select the option if it is not automatically selected.
User Queries on “How to Recover Data from Outlook using .bak File?”
There are queries related on how to recover and repair corrupted Outlook PST file in MS Outlook. See whether there is someone with your similar problem.
“When I opened my Outlook 2010 account today, it pop-upped an error message that ‘The File Could Not be Open’. When I checked the folders, I found the outlook.pst file is 0 KB. But I am having an Outlook BAK file that is 9.9 GB size. After getting my Outlook opened in safe mode, I have disabled all the add-ins from the account. Then, tried to copy Outlook BAK file to Outlook PST format. But this won’t work well. Now I want to know whether there is any solution to get back information in Outlook BAK file. Whether my .bak files are also corrupted? How to recover data from .bak file in Outlook account without causing any damage?”
“I am using Outlook since 2010. And I am having a large Outlook BAK file with me approximately 21 GB. Now I need to open outlook.bak file in Microsoft Outlook 2016?”
“I was facing some problem with MS Outlook 2003. Somehow found that the problem is on my PST file, maybe it is corrupted or something else, I don’t know what. So, I tried ScanPST.exe utility to repair damaged PST file manually. It helped to fix issues in corrupted Outlook PST file, but many of the emails got missing. I am having the xyz.bak file which has been created by Inbox Repair Tool at the time of repair process. Now I am searching for a solution to recover data from .bak file.”
Steps to Open xyz.bak file in Outlook?
This article has discussed few basics solutions regarding how to open xyz.bak file in Outlook account which is created by Inbox Repair tool.
While running Inbox Repair Tool, it automatically selects the option to create a backup of the original PST file. This will generate a BAK file on the system (where the original PST file is located) with .bak file extension. And this file will be only a copy of the original PST file with a different extension (i.e .bak file). If the original PST file damaged or deleted permanently, then the only solution available is to import BAK file back to Outlook account. Follow the steps to import BAK file in Outlook account:
- Determine the location of BAK file in your system.
- Take a copy of Outlook BAK file and name the file with .pst extension (For example: xyz.bak >>> xyz.bak.pst).
- Now, import (xyz.bak.pst) file using the Import and Export Wizard in Outlook.
Follow the steps below:
- Open Outlook >> Click File >> Import and Export.
- Select Import from another program or file >> Next.
- Hit on select Personal Folder File (.pst) >> Next.
- Under File to Import >> Browse >> double-click on newly created .pst file (xyz.bak.pst).
- In Options >> Do not import duplicates >> Next.
- Now, in Select the folder to import from >> Personal Folders (.pst) file >> Include sub-folders.
- Now click on Select Import folders into the same folder in >> newly created PST file (xyz.bak.pst) >> Finish.
If you are facing problems or if it fails to import xyz.bak.pst into your Outlook account, then follow the steps to open the PST files(xyz.bak.pst) directly in the account.
- Go to File option >> Open >> Outlook Data Files.
- Browse to the location where newly created PST file is saved (xyz.bak.pst) >> Ok.
Remember, the above steps only help to open a BAK file in Outlook account. But, it won’t help to repair archive .bak file. In order to recover data from highly corrupted outlook.bak file, it necessary to use a reliable tool like SysTools Outlook Recovery software.
How to Repair .bak File in Outlook Account?
Exactly, there is no manual solution available to recover highly corrupted BAK file of Outlook. One and the only solution is to go for a reliable third-party solution. Here we suggest a trust-able software that repairs corrupted Outlook.bak files. The SysTools Outlook Recovery software effortlessly repairs Outlook BAK files. To recover data from .bak file in Outlook, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Locate BAK file (one can find .bak file in the same folder of original PST file).
- Take a copy of Outlook BAK file and name the file with .pst extension. (for example, if ‘filename.bak’ is the BAK file, then rename the file as ‘filename.bak.pst’)
Now you have to download and run Outlook Recovery tool to recover highly corrupted BAK files without data loss. Now follow the steps:
- Add the PST files (the BAK file saved as filename.bak.pst) from the Add File option.
- Select the “Advanced” scan option, since the file is having severe corruption.
- After completing the scanning process, the software provides the preview of the emails along with attachments.
- Now, select Export button to migrate data from added PST file (xzy.bak.pst).
One select the file format in which he/ she needs to export data. The application provides, PST, EML, MSG, HTML and Also helps to migrate to Office 365 account.
The outlook.bak file is created by Inbox Repair Tool while repair Outlook PST file. This article clearly describes the manual steps to import these BAK files in Outlook account. But, this manual steps may fail if, BAK files are highly corrupted. In such cases, it is necessary to repair corrupted .bak files using a reliable tool. The steps to run the software is also described on the blog so that a novice user efficiently repair his severely damaged outlook.bak files.