Convenient Methods to Resolve Outlook Connector error synchronizing folder hierarchy (0x8004102A)
In the year 2012, the Hotmail.com was renamed as Outlook.com, it is a web-based email client provided by Microsoft to the users for free. Plus it is a desktop based email client. While the users need to have the internet connection for opening and viewing the emails contained in the Hotmail account emails but in the case of MS Outlook, there is no need for an internet connection to open and view the emails. In that case, some users configure Hotmail accounts on MS Outlook desktop client to view the emails offline. So, the users receive the error Resolve Outlook Connector error synchronizing folder hierarchy (0x8004102A).
Here, in this article, we will discuss convenient ways to resolve Outlook connectivity issues with Outlook error 0x8004102A and find steps to fix outlook connector sync issues.
Related Solution- How to Resolve Hotmail Connector Synchronisation Error 4350 and 4202
Causes for the Outlook Error 0x8004102A
The outlook connector error synchronizing folder hierarchy was first reported when MS Outlook Hotmail Connector account was syncing changes to the folder and the user could not find the folder in the Outlook email client. The most common way that this situation can occur is when the folder is deleted from MS Outlook and then it is deleted from the web before the MS Outlook email client syncs the deletion to the server. It means that the error would be resolved itself after the few synchronization as no more changes will be sent for either of the folders.
There are some cases where the error 0x8004102A will still be there for the mail folders which are created on the web. One way it can happen is by creating the mail folder in Outlook or Hotmail, then deleting the folder from MS Outlook without syncing and then re-add the folder in Hotmail.
Plus, this error can also occur while deleting a secondary folder or shared calendar folder in the Outlook Hotmail Connector account which does not delete the calendar from the server.
Methods to Resolve Outlook Connector error syncing folder hierarchy (0x8004102A)
The methods to Resolve Outlook Connector error syncing folder hierarchy (0x8004102A) is as follows:
1. Configure Hotmail Account with MS Outlook using Hotmail Connector
Users can manage the Outlook email account through MS Outlook 2010, 2007 and 2003 with the help of Outlook Hotmail Connector software. But, users should remember that the Hotmail Connector software should be 32-bit if the user is using the 32-bit MS Outlook. For configuring the Hotmail account in MS Outlook users need to install the Outlook Hotmail on their machine.
Note: The Outlook Hotmail Connector software does not support MS Outlook 2013 and 2016.
The configuration process to fix outlook connector sync issues includes the following steps:
- First, open MS Outlook application on the system. Then go to the File tab, click on Info and then click Add Account option.
- Now click on Manually Configure Server settings or additional server option and after that click the Next button.
- Now, click on Other and then select MS Outlook Hotmail Connector. After that click Next button.
- Now enter the credentials like name, email address and password and then click OK button.
- After the confirmation dialog box appears then click on the Finish button.
The steps for configuring Hotmail account in MS Outlook 2007 and 2003 is given below:
- First, open MS Outlook application in the system. Now click on Outlook Connector tab and then click the option Add a New Account.
- Now enter the required credentials like Name, email address, and password and click on OK button.
- After the configuration is completed the emails do not download from Outlook.com email to MS Outlook. This error Resolve Outlook Connector error synchronizing folder hierarchy (0x8004102A) is faced by many users.
2. Resolve Outlook Connectivity issue Error for not Downloading Hotmail emails in MS Outlook
The steps for this method is as follows:
- First, close MS Outlook application.
- Now delete the SRS file from the location “C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook”.
- After that take the backup of the PST file and then delete it by default.
- Now configure the new account in Outlook by entering the Name, email address and the password. For doing it go to Control Panel click on Mail option and then click on Add button and finally enter the Profile name and click on OK button.
- Then click on Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types and then click on Next button.
- Now select Internet e-mail like IMAP, POP-3 or HTTP and click the Next button.
- After that, a new window will appear where the user has to enter the details like Name, Email Address, Account Type, Incoming Server, Outgoing Server, Username, Password and optional.
- Now click on More Settings option. In that click on Outgoing Server and then check for the My Outgoing Server(SMTP) require authentication.
- After that click on Advanced and then enter 995 in the incoming server and click on the checkbox this server requires an encrypted connection(SSL). Then enter 587 in the Outgoing Server(SMTP) and select TLS as the encrypted connection and click on OK button.
- It’s optional leave the copy of the message on the server and click on OK button.
- Now click on Test Account Settings.
- Once the testing is completed successfully click the Next option and then click the Finish button to close the window.
- Once all above-mentioned steps are completed then the users Hotmail emails will start downloading in the MS Outlook application without receiving any error.
Note: Installation of the Hotmail Connector is not required for the above-mentioned steps.
Before trying to configure the Hotmail email account in MS Outlook using the manual steps and procedures, it is recommended that Hotmail users should take backup of Hotmail email account so that the data is not lost during the time of account configuration, in that case, the users can recover it from backup of Hotmail in case there is any loss of the data. Thus, in the above article, we have discussed outlook connector error synchronizing folder hierarchy to fix outlook connector sync issues and explore steps to repair Outlook Connector error 0x8004102A.