“I am using Mozilla Thunderbird since a long time. My entire email communication is dependent on it as it contains all my important email messages. I am so comfortable using it but from last few weeks, I am getting an error i.e. The current operation on Inbox did not succeed. I have tried some solutions to fix it but I am not able to remove the issue. Can anyone please provide me with a working solution?”
Many users who are using Mozilla Thunderbird as their email application are getting this issue. Due to this error, they are unable to access their email data which in results hamper their work. In such situations, rectifying the issue should be the first priority. But, the users don’t have the technical knowledge to resolve the error. Thus, in this article, we will discuss a solution using which users can convert MBOX files to PST format and then they can access Thunderbird mailbox data in Microsoft Outlook.
Resolve The Current Operation on Inbox Did Not Succeed Thunderbird Error Manually
Perform the steps mentioned in the following section to rectify the issue:
- Run Mozilla Thunderbird and click on Mail and then Preferences.
- Now, select Accounts tab to add a new email account.
- Click on ‘+’ icon to add Gmail account in Thunderbird.
- Choose Google in the service provider window and click Continue.
- Enter the Gmail ID and press Next button.
- Then, enter the password and click Next.
- Select the mailbox which you want to use and press Done option.
- In Account window, the added Gmail IMAP account will be visible in the left pane.
- Close the window and Login into the Mozilla Thunderbird again.
- After adding the account successfully, right-click on the mailbox folder and then click on New Mailbox option.
- Find the location of the new mailbox and enter its name.
- Then, click on OK button.
Now, import all the MBOX files into Thunderbird. To do the same, perform the following steps:
- Launch Mozilla Thunderbird and click on File option and then Import Mailboxes.
2. Select the MBOX files and press Continue.
3. Find the location of MBOX files and click on Choose.
4. After completing the steps, the file will be imported. Press Done button to proceed with further steps to fix The current Operation on Inbox did not succeed Thunderbird error.
- Now, open source messages in the MBOX file.
- Select all the messages which you want to transfer to Microsoft Outlook and right-click on them.
- If you do not want to keep the copy of emails then choose
- Move to option and then Copy to option.
- Search the configured Gmail account which was created earlier.
- Now, keep checking the messages getting copied and check all the messages after completion.
Important Note – Users can delete the configured Gmail account from Thunderbird as it is not required in further steps.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook and navigate to Preferences option.
- Choose Accounts option from the window.
- Click on “+” icon in the appeared window & then select mail option.
- Enter the credentials provided in Mozilla Thunderbird and choose Add Account option.
- After the above steps, the Gmail account will be configured.
- Browse the mailbox of MBOX messages from Thunderbird account.
- All the messages will be listed in MS Outlook.
If a user is facing this the current operation on inbox did not succeed Thunderbird error and wants to resolve it as soon as possible. Then they can use the above-mentioned manual procedure as it will help users to access their mailbox data in Microsoft Outlook and the user’s work will not be hampered. But, this method is so time-consuming and it seems a little bit technical for novice users. So, it is suggested for the users to try the third party application which will help them to complete the entire process in minutes.
Expert Solution to Fix The Current Operation on Inbox Did Not Succeed Error in Thunderbird
- Enables users to transfer all the email messages from MBOX file and several other email clients.
2. Generates preview of emails in 9 viewing options.
3. Option to perform the migration in bulk.
4. Export messages in multiple file formats such as PST, EML, MSG, PDF and several others.
5. Detailed export report after conversion for future reference.
6. Support for Windows 10 & other below versions.
In most scenarios, users expect the desired output but they don’t go with the proposed output. In this article, we have explained the solutions to resolve Thunderbird error the current operation on Inbox did not succeed. Users can try any of the solutions from both manual and expert solutions. As the manual method has some limitations. So, users can go for the error-free solution and get their error fixed with ease.