Are you also tangled with the changes being made in your log files out of knowledge? Do you want to track changes in Database SQL server? Have you not been able to analyze the transactions?
Do not worry! You will find all the answers for your queries in this blog.
Most of the users know that SQL database creates a log file which consists of all the changes and transactions that have been made in the database. Since a large number of organizations use SQL server, a lot many of them have encountered various challenges.
Included in these are the SQL database being modified or deleted which are unknown to the user thus, causing troubles to them leading them to check database changes in SQL server. But not every user is as inclined towards SQL technicality which makes it a difficult task.
For those users who have no technical expertise in SQL, we have a quick solution which is capable of performing this task in a seamless manner. There are various methods to perform this task but this solution is capable of analyzing the transactions and find who modified the data and when.
Let’s take a look at the working of this method and understand the benefits provided when used.
What Solution Allows to Track Changes in Database SQL Server?
This method is the safest way to find out who have and what changes are made in the database and securely generates an export report. For this, you have to first download the SQL Log Analyzer which identifies all the critical changes that are made in the logs.
Take a look at the user query to understand what types of problems are solved by this tool.
There are various features offered by this tool that can help users analyze the files and it is not as hard to use this method as it is applying it manually. The software provides a Quick Scan option which allows users to examine the transaction log in depth.
Let’s find the benefits offered by the software as explained in the next segment.
Read More: Read Transaction Log in SQL Server
How Does the Software Benefit Users in Checking the Logs?
1. Fully Visible Records
The software permits users to connect with the SQL server database and previews all the records to track changes in database SQL server. All the records such as Insert, Update, and Delete are previewed on the software panel for analysis.
2. Previews Complete Log
It is a facility provided to the users to open, read, and preview all the log activities of the database on the interface. The activity preview consists of Transaction Name, Login Name, Transaction Time, Table Name, and Query. This makes it easy to find out who deleted or made changes in the files.
3. Multiple Export Options
There are three options provided by the tool to export the data as in the Export to/as field during the process to check database changes in SQL server:
- SQL Server Database: To export the log files to SQL server database only.
- SQL Server Compatible Scripts: Choose to save the log file as the SQL scripts that are compatible with SQL server.
- CSV: For saving the data file in CSV format.
4. Export Specific Records
With the help of this feature, users have the permission to mark the table records they want to export. There is also a Date-Filter provided for those who desire to save data from a certain time period. You can set a date from and to for choosing a certain time-zone.
Instructions to Track Changes in Database SQL Server Via the Wizard
Given are the list of steps to check the files:
1. Once you download the tool, launch it on your Windows OS and hit the Open button to initiate the process.
2. Select the Database i.e. Online DB or Offline DB. We are going for Online DB, enter the Server Name and the Authentication type and hit OK.
3. In the previewed data files, mark the table records you want to export and hit the Export button.
4. Choose the option(s) Insert, Update, and/or Delete and mark the Date-Filter to set the From & To dates to selectively check database changes in SQL server.
5. Click on the Export To/As field and choose one of the export types given. Insert the Server Name & Authentication type in the Database Credentials field.
6. Finally, choose the Destination path and hit the Export button to complete the task.
These are the simple ways to perform the exportation process using the software.
Client Reviews of Software to Check Database Changes in SQL Server
It is indeed a very important task to check the files for making sure that there are no changes made out of your knowledge. If found, you can track changes in Database SQL server by downloading the tool and following only a few steps.
You can make this tool work for Microsoft SQL servers 2019, 2017, and lower versions. Also, the software is compatible with Windows OS Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 on both 32 and 64 bit versions.