Yahoo Mail is one most popular web-based, open source email client. But there are many users those are looking for a solution to the question how to access Yahoo Mail in Outlook? The main reason for this question is, in today’s arena, most of the users have more than one email account. The email account can be from the same or different email service providers i.e., Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL mail, Outlook etc.
Different email clients have different advantages and disadvantages. But the major demands from the maximum users are, they want to login in a single place from multiple email accounts, and Microsoft Outlook supports these features. This feature of Outlook makes it so popular that users are attracted towards it and they want to connect Yahoo email to Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016.
Quick Solution: One can easily sync Yahoo Mail to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 with the help of Yahoo backup software within few clicks.
Why Connect Yahoo Email to Outlook
MS Outlook has many advanced features over Yahoo Mail that makes a user setup Yahoo Mails in Outlook.
• Outlook provides the ultimate storage of 100 MB on file attachment.
• All emails will be available in the account to the user when he/she is offline or not connected to the internet.
• It has an Integrated photo viewer and can move all messages to the Archive folder easily.
• It also can sort emails by file size. They Delete All function allows a user to quickly delete all emails from a particular folder or sender.
• Data share from multiple accounts becomes much easier when they stored in a single place.
Manual Solution to Access Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, & 2007
To link/sync Yahoo Mail to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 via IMAP, follow the instructions provided below.
1. Run Microsoft Outlook 2016 or any of it’s below versions.
2. Select File >> Info>> Add Account >> Manually Configure Server Settings.
3. Now, click on Next to continue.
4. Choose to Add New Account window >> Internet Email then, click on Next.
5. Enter the Yahoo email address and Password.
Note: Check to remember password option to avoid being prompted each time.
• Incoming mail server: pop.mail.Yahoo.com
• Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.Yahoo.com
6. Now, go to Account Type from drop-down menu select POP3.
7. Click on More Settings then, enter the preferred name for the account in the Mail Account field.
8. Select the Outgoing Server tab and make sure you Use Same Incoming Mail Server Settings and My SMTP Requires Authentication is checked.
9. Select the Advanced tab, and change the server port numbers. Specify the incoming and outgoing server numbers as:
• POP3 server: 995
• SMTP server: 465
10. Choose SSL as Encryption type and make sure that This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection is selected.
11. Click on OK >> Next >> Finish.
12. Now exit and Restart The MS Outlook
13. Click on the Send/Receive button and then select Send/Receive All Folders. Now all your emails of Yahoo account will be visible in your Outlook email client account.
Limitation of Manual Method to Connect Yahoo Email to Outlook
Manual solution to add Yahoo mailbox in Outlook PST format is a very lengthy and time-consuming process. It contains different options to be selected while performing the above-described steps. One who has perfect knowledge about Microsoft Outlook can only perform these instructions. If any errors generated while doing these steps then it will lead to the need for an expert to solve it properly.
Automated Solution to Access Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
As discussed, in the above section that manual method is not a reliable source for the migration process. Therefore, it is necessary to use more secure and quicker method for linking Yahoo emails to Outlook and nothing can be better than a third-party tool. There are many users those are looking for an efficient and reliable software. SysTools Yahoo Backup Tool is one of the best software available to create an archive Yahoo emails with Outlook PST.
Wrapping It Up
Yahoo email client has many users worldwide and it is very famous. But, because of its limitations like it doesn’t provide an option to sync with other email accounts. Therefore, the above discussion has described the answer to the question on how to access Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007. This process is a laborious task and confusing too. Therefore, one can proceed with an automated solution i.e., Yahoo Backup Software which is a user-friendly tool. It can easily backup all your emails from Yahoo to PST file format and then add them to Microsoft Outlook.