Most of the professional use Microsoft Outlook email client for business as well as personal work. Sometimes, it can be seen that users wish to save emails outside of the Outlook program for the backup purpose or they are looking for a new user-friendly email client and wants to migrate emails from the Outlook to a new application. But exporting multiple emails from the MS Outlook to hard-drive is not a joke. In this article, we will cover the best way to store emails outside of Outlook. Let’s get started!
How to Store Emails Out of Outlook Manually?
In this section, we will describe the different scenario, where a user needs to backup Outlook emails. Now, go through each situation sequentially and carefully:
Scenario 1: Save or Move Outlook Emails to Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is an open source free email client. On the other side, Microsoft Outlook is not a freeware application. So, many Outlook users who think that their work can easily be done by the Thunderbird program, “why they pay for MS Outlook?” Hence, they switch into the Thunderbird from Outlook and copy their emails out of Outlook. Now, the problem is that how to copy emails out of Outlook and import MS Outlook PST to Thunderbird client. To do this, follow the below instructions:
Case #1: When Thunderbird & Outlook Install on the Same Machine
1. Open your computer and click on the Windows Start icon.
2. Now, go to Default Programs and select Set your default application.
3. Next, choose Microsoft Outlook program and again click on Set this Program as the default option.
4. After that, start the Thunderbird program and go to Tools tab and select the Import option.
5. Now, go to the Mail tab, select the corresponding radio button and click Next option.
6. Choose the Outlook option from the resultant list and click Next.
7. Finally, click on Finish in order to start the process.
8. In order to transfer other data items such as contacts, follow the same procedure.
9. Go to Default Programs and choose Mozilla Thunderbird.
10. After that, click on Set this program as default to archive emails out of Outlook.
Case #2: Save Outlook Data to One System to Another System
1. Initially, install and configure Thunderbird on the system where Outlook is already configured.
2. Close the Mozilla Thunderbird application.
3. Click on Start and type %APPDATA% in the search box.
4. After that, select name of folder “Roaming”.
5. Attach an external storage device in the USB port.
6. In Roaming window, right-click on Thunderbird folder and click Send To option.
7. Now, choose the option Externally Connected Device to import data.
8. Plug-in the external device and open it. After that, right-click on Thunderbird folder and select the Copy option.
9. Again, go to the Start option.
10. In the search box, write %APPDATA%.
11. Now, select the Roaming folder and delete the Thunderbird folder.
12. Finally, in Roaming folder, paste the selected data to copy emails out of Outlook.
Scenario 2: Save Outlook MSG File in EML File Format
1. Launch Outlook application on the system.
2. After that, import MSG file with the help of drag and drop.
3. Go to the file tab, choose Save as the option. Select a location where you want to store the file. Also, provide a suitable location to the file and select (.txt) file format under the Save as type option.
4. Next, click on Save option.
5. Now, go to the location where you store MSG files in text format. Right-click on Message file and change the format from MSG to EML extension.
6. Right-click on the EML file and select Open with the option. Choose Thunderbird email program and open it to archive emails out of Outlook.
Best Way to Store Emails Outside of Outlook – One Stop Solution
It is evident from the above-mentioned method that the user needs to follow a long procedure in order to save email messages outside of Outlook. And, in the different situations, users need to choose a new strategy. Although, it is not possible for the users to learn all the manual methods. So, it is better to have a handy solution that can easily resolve this question “how to store emails outside of Outlook?” Here, this article introduces a versatile software named as Outlook PST File Converter. It completely saves multiple emails from Outlook to hard-drive in different file formats. It provides multiple file formats such as EML, PDF, MSG, and many more. Additionally, during any conversion like Outlook to Thunderbird, there will be no loss of the folder hierarchy. Apart from this, the software offers various features such as:
- Store Emails Outside of Outlook in various file formats like EML, PDF, VCF
- Compatible with both Mac and Windows Operating System
- No requirement of supporting email clients during any mailbox conversion
- Support ANSI and Unicode PST file and import into desirable file formats
- Provide an option of different naming conventions to sort out Outlook emails
- Facility of date based filter to convert only the relevant Outlook PST data
- Smoothly run on any Windows Operating system without any hassle
- The software is also available the Mac OS and converts PST into MBOX, EMLX
Few Closing Thoughts
In this article, we have described the possible best way to store emails outside of Outlook. Also, we have suggested the PST Converter that can easily backup Outlook emails as PDF, EML, MSG, MBOX, vCard, and EMLX on the local machine. Users can go for any of the desired methods according to their choices but it is highly recommended to use an automated solution. The software is more reliable than manual approaches.