It is useful to extract the ISO files from the CD and protect them. Suppose you want to back up a Windows installation CD. Of course, you can back up your data with the Windows backup and restore function. However, it may be useful to make a personal copy of the Windows installation DVD so that you can use it if you lose the original CD. In this blog, we are going to provide the complete information on how to create ISO file, mount ISO file, and mount ISO file.
How to Create ISO Image File
You can’t just copy and paste the data to back up a DVD. You must create an ISO image of the disc and copy all of the data, that is, the files, folders and properties of the disc. To extract ISO files from a CD or DVD, you can use a very small free utility (14 KB) called LC ISO Creator. Download the ZIP file and extract it to any location on your computer. Double-click LC ISOCreator.exe to open it.
Select the disk for which you want to create an ISO image from the drop-down menu and click on the “Create ISO” button. Select a location on your computer, save the image and click Save. Depending on the size of the disc, it may take some time before the disc is converted to an image.
Burn ISO Image File from Disc File
Then burn the ISO Files to a CD or DVD. Various image creation tools are available for this. Use popular Imgburn.
- Download Imgburn and install it on your computer. Open the App.
- Now Click on the Burn image file to disc.
- Now, Click on the folder icon under “Source” and select the ISO file. When you have selected the correct target drive, click on the image file icon to determine the burning speed and number of copies (see image below) and start the burning process. If you want to check the disc after burning, activate the check option.
- If you are using a rewritable disc and have already stored data on it, you will be warned to erase the data before starting the burning process.
- After confirmation, Imgburn will start burning the ISO File to disc. You can see the status of the windows.
- When the process is complete, the CD tray is ejected. When you reinsert the disc, the data on the disc begins to be checked. Checking the data may take some time, depending on the size of the CD / DVD.
How to mount ISO image File On Windows
When you deploy an ISO image, you must create a virtual CD / DVD-ROM drive that Windows can access like a physical CD / DVD drive. If necessary, you can use the drive as a hard drive without the need for an actual hard drive.
- Double-click an ISO file to mount it. This won’t work if you have ISO files associated with another program on your system.
- Now, You have click on right an ISO file and select the “Mount” option.
- Afterword, you have to select the file in File Explorer and click the “Mount” button under the “Disk Image Tools” tab on the ribbon.
- After mounting the disk image, it will be displayed as a new drive on [this PC]. Right-click on the drive, select “Eject” and unmount the ISO file when you are done.
In this blog, we have discussed the complete information about the How to create, burn and mount an ISO image file. Here we have also shared the simple steps to burn ISO image file and created ISO files using a Free E01 Viewer. I hope that you get an answer to all the questions on this subject.