There is no doubt in committing the line that cloud computing has emerged like a regular need for small and large enterprises. They permit customers to expand the services globally with regular availability of data access, whenever needed. Now it is possible for a person to access documents, saved in the cloud, from smartphones, iPhones, tablets, etc. All that needed is fast internet connection to open and view the files. This gives the flexibility to end users to make the strategies for their business growth, even if they are physically absent at the workplace. The main purpose here is to maximize the profit and achieve greater scalability in the global market. Using device restriction policies for better Cloud Security is today need for everyone.
Blind folded with the above-mentioned astonishing features of cloud computing, enterprises forgot about the data breach situation. They forget that their business content is in hands of people who can either use them for benefit or vanish the entire firm. There are possibilities that if an employee becomes greedy then, he/she can make use of your data for individually benefiting him/her, leading to financial business loss. Not only this but, hackers or attackers can use secretive documents with one or another harmful perspective. The ease of data accessing at any time, from any location and device, resulted in the development of cloud storage solutions. These comprise of device restriction, geography, and time restriction approaches. All these security measures help in limiting the access of documents outside the organization.
Use Device Restriction Policies
The safest measure to keep a strong control while working with portable devices to access enterprises document, demands the use of device restriction policies. Many of the organizations put forward a query that ‘is it possible to implement device accessing restriction by team working on cloud?’ Well, the answer to this is ‘affirmative’ because it is totally dependent upon the knowledge of team members.
Cloud service providers give their best in maintaining the cloud storage security. But because of the lapse in systems of the cloud security, somehow they lack the perspectives of cloud protection. This is the reason why an effective CASB solution is required to enhance the available security.
What All Should Be Included In Device Restriction Policy?
While adopting any of CASB solutions available in the market, an enterprise should check for following points. These points are describing the important policies that are mandatory for device restriction.
- Define Mac Address of Authorized Device: This feature of device restriction policy says that enterprises should collect the MAC address of authorized users and only give them the flexibility to work with their data. It will be possible to perform this by entering the Mac address of all the devices in the adopted CASB solution and permitting them to access data. This will restrict unauthorized accessing of secretive business information from anywhere, at anytime.
- Approved Devices to Use Information: The section lists down all the portable devices that are permitted by the authorities of the firm to access data at any time and anywhere. No other individual will be having the right to work with organization data outside the premises until and unless they are not permitted by the authorities.
- Rejected Devices From Accessing Data: Enterprises are recommended that they should not allow every person of the firm to work with their data. Permit only those persons whom you trust. This feature of device restriction policy says that devices need to be rejected by CASB solutions to access data if they are not allowed by admin to work with it.
- Pending Requests to Work With Documents: This involves those devices of end users who have requested to work with confidential data of the organization. The administrator can view the list of users and decide whether he/she should be given permission or not. Totally, it will be responsibility of the admin, if something goes wrong after allowing the user’s request in CASB solution.
- Inactive Devices Using the Confidential Files: The CASB solution should be capable enough to show the devices, which are currently active and inactive. This will help in determining the current devices that are active and using confidential information. Administrators can see this on single dashboard provided by the solution provider.
CloudCodes: A CASB Solution With Device Restriction Policy
As per discussed earlier that a CASB solution is needed to apply device restriction, time restriction, and geography restriction. It is so because security idea helps in adding a new security layer to the existing one. So after doing research for determining one of the best CASB solution providers, we found CloudCodes. It fills all the security gaps by connecting different links in between the enterprises prone to the data breaches and the cloud services, giving birth to such situation. The solution provides device restriction policy as a CloudCodes Access Control feature. Not only this but, other measures for data protection on the cloud are also rendered on a single dashboard. CloudCodes service makes it easy for administrators to handle different works all on one screen in a hurdle-free manner.