The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) certification is considered as a nonprofit organization, which promotes some research into best practices to ensure the cloud computing and capability to protect the Cloud Computing technology. The industry groups also provide security education in implementing the cloud computing and can help vendors address security in software delivery models. CSA membership is only open to third parties with the expertise to contribute the security risks of cloud computing.
About Cloud Security Alliance Certification (CSA)
CSA that leads an increasing number of ongoing research techniques by which it offers white papers, tools and project reports to help vendors and companies making cloud computing service secure. For example, CSA GRC Stack provides a toolkit to assess a private or public cloud against industry-established best practices. The CloudAudit project attempts to clarify the process for gathering or analyzing the audit data by creating a simple way for cloud service providers to communicate how they can address the security, governance, and compliance.
The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Security, Trust and Assurance Registry program (STAR) used for security assurance in the clouds seeks to reduce the per-relationship cost of the customer or provider and increase a high level of consistency from assessor to assessor. A main premise of Security, Trust and Assurance Registry program (STAR) is that the service provider can undertake the objective assessment of their own atmosphere, publish to the registry and permit the results can be displayed by existing, new, and potential customers too.
Two Main Types of Cloud Security Alliance Certification
The CSA also provides two levels of certifications for individuals that we will discuss below:
- Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK): This credential that certifies individual competency in key cloud security areas such as cloud architecture, data center operations, incident response, identity & access management and virtualization.
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP): This credential is certified for the IT professionals who have a deep-seated knowledge and competencies derived from hands-on experience with the help of information, cyber, software and cloud computing infrastructure security.
Various Cloud Security Services
As everyone knows data security either on the cloud or local machine is become a major concern than anything else – especially in the business world. In these days cyber attacks are increasing with each passing day. As long as most of the users want to shift towards cloud, the cloud storage has become the main concern for security. Here are following services for cloud security:
- Access Control: It is the only way to which your data will remain protected on the digital storage platforms. One of the basic reason due to which professionals are transferring their work to the cloud and it provides data access to authentic person so that they can view it anywhere at any instance of time.
- Single Sign-On: In cloud security, Single Sign On is the basic demand of many companies who have adopted programs through all cloud-based services. It is an authentication process, which allows a user to operate different programs with only a single set of credentials. It is just like achieving a complete world on any platform by entering the current user id and its password as well.
- Cloud DLP: DLP stands for Data Loss Prevention that helps to follow these regulations of a particular business and protecting the confidential data. Also, it helps to keep data safe and secure from unplanned disclosing.
- Identity Management: It refers to the information system that can be used for an enterprise or cross-domain identity management. This represents a systematic management of one identity including with its authentication, authorization, privileges, and roles in enterprise boundaries.
- MDM (Mobile Device Management Technology): MDM is considered as a software, which protects, monitors, supports, and manages all the mobile gadgets that could be deployed across service provider, mobile operator, and enterprise. Such mobile devices are smartphones, laptops, tablets, and desktop computers.
- Shadow IT: Shadow IT is the technology that cannot be regulated, approved, or provisioned by team members in an organization. There are so many concerns related to the reliability, security, and effectiveness when someone talks about shadow IT and thus, use of an unauthorized program.
Moreover, CloudCodes provides a large range of security solutions for the business cloud computing environment. It will also offer a control point to support for continuous visibility, threat protection, compliance, and cloud security services too. You can securely work across its cloud services on any device, anytime and at the desired location without any of the drawbacks. In this blog, we have mentioned two types of Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) certifications and multiple cloud security services as well. So, CloudCodes helps to keep your crucial data safe and secure from those people who are not authorized to view them.