Shifting work from local servers to cloud storage is always a remunerative type of decision. It helps in utilizing the profit of upfront price and increasing scalability. There are several cloud computing technologies available in this modern scenario. Enterprises ask that which one is suitable for them and will contribute to their business growth by maintaining the cloud storage security? The most common comparison is asked between AWS vs Azure. Both of these are two most popular name in the field of public cloud computing. Now a question comes that which one is better? To help in making a decision, here we are going to illustrate key differences between AWS vs Azure.
Comparison Between AWS vs Azure In Tabular Form
Before entering into a deep description for AWS vs Azure, we are giving an overview of it. This overview is illustrated in a tabular form to catch the things easily and make a correct decision.
|Difference Parameters||Amazon Web Service(AWS)||Microsoft Azure|
|Cloud Storage||A temporary storage is offered for working with the instance. This storage gets destroyed on the instance termination. Alike the hard drives, it renders block storage also that can be kept separately or attached with any instances.||It uses the page blobs and the temporary storage space for the virtual machine based columns, the block blobs server for the object storage, and files.|
|Database||This cloud service gives support to relational databases, NoSQL, and Big data technology.||Microsoft Azure supports the relational database, NoSQL, and big data with Windows Azure and HDInsight table.|
|Networking||It provides the Amazon’s virtual private cloud (VPCs) permitting customers to bring the VMs together in a single isolated cloud network.||This cloud service provides Azure’s virtual network to establish a good network by fulfilling all the customer requirements.|
|Cloud Security||The cloud storage security team of AWS assures customers that it is having privacy and major security controls at the lower price. It will keep data safe by meeting the compliance requirements, as well.||Data, application, host, network, and physical layers are used for cloud information security in MS Azure. The infrastructure protects the entire system from all the vulnerabilities.|
Detailed Description Of Differences Between AWS vs Azure
On the basis of different cloud related parameters, we are going to explain the comparison AWS vs Azure in deep.
- AWS: The users of AWS EC2 are permitted to configure their own virtual machines, choose the pre-configured images of machine, or customize the MIs. They are having flexibility to select the memory capacity, power, number of VMs required, and size from customized availability zones and different regions that are to be used at the launch time.
- Azure: Microsoft users are free to select the VHD (Virtual hard disk) that will be equivalent to the machine instance for virtual machine creations. It is possible to pre-configure VHD through Microsoft team, a user, or even a third-party. It is mandatory to mention the amount of memory and cores.
- AWS: Amazon uses model of pay-as-you-go, where charges are based on the per hour consumption. The instances are purchasable on below-mentioned models:
- Reserved: Based upon the usage, set aside an instance for 1 or 3 years in the upfront cost.
- Spot: Whenever an extra capacity is required, customers can command support service to provide it.
- On-demand: Without paying a single extra cost, pay only for what you use.
- Azure: The pricing here is also based on pay-as-you-go but, the charges are based on per minute, providing an accurate pricing model. Short-term commitments are offered by Microsoft Azure with an option from prepaid to monthly charges.
- AWS: The cost pricing is dependent upon the sliding scale that is based on the monthly usage. There are chances that bill can be higher, if usage is high.
- Azure: A flat or fixed monthly rate are charged from the customers.
- AWS: Several configurations and features are available at the time of machine learning. Amazon web service is allowed by IT pros to offer flexibility, lots of power, and room customization with complete support for several third-party integration.
- Azure: Being a Windows administration, it will be easy to use Azure in out-of-the-box way. It is so because the platform will be MS Windows, which is not new to someone. A simple process is there for on-premises integration with Windows servers along with the cloud instances for creating a hybrid environment. Software like Active Directory and SQL database works well with Microsoft Azure.
Hybrid Cloud Capabilities
- AWS: In November, AWS revealed Snowball Edge that is a 100TB hard disk to move workloads in between cloud and data centers of clients. After tying with VMware, a much demanded hybrid component got added to its portfolio. This enables users to burst into the cloud platform. Recently, Amazon has taken the banner for hybrid cloud computing to make the enterprises life more easy.
- Azure: Microsoft provides a strong support for the hybrid cloud services with the platforms like Hybrid SQL server, Azure Stack, and Azure StorSimple. Azure Stack is a new hybrid cloud environment application, allowing users to come close to the public Azure functionality on the on-premise information centers. The entire process uses pay-as-you-go model for pricing, which is offered for public storage.
After learning the comparison between AWS vs Azure, it looks as if both are having similar capabilities. So, it is not a matter of concern that which one is better among both or which one is worst among both? It is all dependent upon the requirement of an enterprise. So, while deciding between AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Azure plan the requirements that you want for your business growth and then, choose anyone of them.