Have you been dealing with the issue of duplicate contacts items in Outlook for a long time? You most likely do not know an efficient method to draw out or delete duplicate contacts from Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and you are desperately looking for a suitable solution to resolve this issue?
So don’t worry, you’re not alone; many Microsoft Outlook users have experienced redundancy. As a result, after evaluating questions and concerns regarding duplicate contacts items in Outlook, we are going to discuss a solution that guarantees to eliminate duplicate contacts in Outlook.
Now, before moving towards the method let’s see the reasons that are responsible for duplicate contacts in Outlook.
The Root Cause of Outlook Duplicate Contacts
- Because many customers are utilizing incorrect or incorrectly configured Outlook Rules, they are seeing this duplication issue in Outlook.
- The “Allow Duplicate to be Created” option is one of the most common causes of duplicate contacts in Outlook. When exporting contacts to Outlook from other pst files or email applications, many people uncheck this box.
- If you dragged your email messages to the contact folder, there is a potential that you would have duplicate contacts in Outlook.
- While syncing Outlook contacts to other devices. If we synchronize incorrectly, users will see multiple contacts in Outlook.
How to Eliminate Duplicate Contacts in Outlook
If you are looking for a quick solution to remove duplicate contacts from Outlook, there is some bad news for you: there is no manual technique available that can do this operation. In that case, you can use the SysTools Outlook Duplicate Remover Tool. This tool is intended to handle Outlook duplicates and easily remove duplicate emails, contacts, calendar entries, journals, tasks, and notes. This tool allows you to extract multiple duplicates from Outlook in a matter of minutes without losing any data.
The main benefit of utilizing this program is that it supports Outlook OST, PST, and BAK files, as well as providing numerous filter choices. Now that you’ve learned about the software, let’s look at how to use it to remove duplicate contacts from Outlook.
The Tool Work Steps
1. First, download and install the Software on your machine.
2. Now, launch the software and select Add File(s) or Add Folder to import the Outlook contacts file.
3. Choose a place to save duplicate free Outlook contacts.
4. Select Contacts from the Select Item Types drop-down menu.
5. Now, choose the action you wish to perform on duplicate contacts.
6. Finally, click the Next button to begin the process of removing duplicates from Outlook.
How to Manually Eliminate Duplicate Contacts in Outlook
If you’re searching for a manual approach to perform this work, we’ll go through some free options in this section. However, keep in mind that it is only possible if you have a small number of contacts in Outlook. Now, to do this, follow the instructions below:
1. To begin, open Outlook and then select the People tab.
2. Navigate to the Contacts tab and right-click on it.
3. Select the Create a New Folder option and give the folder a name.
4. Select all contacts from the original contact folder and move them to a new folder.
5. Select File >> Open & Export, followed by Import/Export.
6. From the drop-down option, choose Export to a file >> Next.
7. Select “Comma Separated Values” from the Create a file type drop-down menu.
8. Now, pick the saving place by clicking the Browse option.
Importing Duplicate Free Contacts in Outlook
1. Open Outlook once more and select File, then Open & Export >> Import/Export.
2. Choose Import from another application or file, then Comma Separated Values.
3. To find the contact folder, use the Browse button.
4. Select the Do not import duplicate items checkbox and then click Next.
5. After that, settings, choose the default Contacts folder as a location for importing and hit the Finish button.
Why Tool is Best Choice?
- This Outlook Duplicate Remover provides you two options for removing duplicates: within the folder(s) or across the folder
- One of the software’s standouts features is its ability to extract duplicate items from Outlook PST/OST/BAK files using choices such as Delete Permanently, Move to Deleted Item Folders, Move to Folder, Put Flag, and Mark as Expire.
- Maintain your folder hierarchy and preserve your meta information when deleting two copies of delivered emails in Outlook.
- When removing duplicates from Outlook, the fields may also be customised. Because the tool has the ability to eliminate duplicates from emails, tasks, journals, notes, calendars, and contacts using multiple fields such as BCC, CC, Subject, and Email Address.
After reading the preceding article, users will undoubtedly understand how to eliminate duplicate contacts in Outlook. In this article, we covered two manual and automatic methods for completing the work without losing any contact. It is now up to you to select the best method for removing duplicates from Outlook based on your needs.