Use Best Ways to Export Email Recipients From Outlook to Excel
Several users find it difficult to export email recipients from outlook to excel. For instance, a user is having an email account other than an Outlook account and wants to use the same email recipients to communicate.
Then email address exporting is needed and through this guided post we will be covering all this. We will be explained some effective methods which will let you execute the task of email IDs extraction in Excel format.
Let’s now focus on the need for copying Outlook mailbox addresses to CSV format.
Why Does it Need to Transfer Outlook Email ID to Excel?
Below listed are some reasons why it requires extracting emails Ids from MS Outlook to Excel are:
- To keep all the client lists, store their addresses and use them later easily.
- When moving from Outlook to another email client, it requires the transfer of those needful and important addresses to communicate without any issues.
- To share the email recipients with office colleagues (working with you on the same project) to keep in touch with your clients.
As we now know the reason, so let’s jump to the solution to export email recipients from Outlook to Excel spreadsheets.
Transfer Outlook Email IDs to Excel – DIY Methods.
Here are step-by-step instructions for exporting email IDs from MS Outlook to a CSV or Excel file.
1: On your systems open the Outlook application.
2: Now, navigate to the menu option File and select Open & Export -> Import/Export.
3: Then press the Export to File option and hit Next. Choose the CSV File option and hit the Next button.
5: Now under Personal Folders, press the Contacts folder.
6: To set the destination click on “Browse” and save the folder with a name for the .csv file.
7: Now move next step by clicking the Map Custom Fields to choose the fields for your export.
9: Finally, press the Ok button and then click Finish.
Limitations of Manual Method:
It looks like an easy task of copying and saving a list of email recipients in a CSV file but it comes with some limitations and challenges which are mentioned below.
- Using this method, one can only transfer one folder at a time from Outlook which becomes a Time taking task for users having multiple folders.
- Using the method for extracting email recipients from corrupted PST files is not possible.
- In rare cases, this method may not work with older Excel versions. However, in general cases, it works.
So this method will not be useful for the above-mentioned reasons. Thus using effective software is an ideal solution.
A Quick Way to Export Email Recipients From Outlook to Excel
Well if there is a requirement for multiple email recipients then the best solution will be to use the finest tool Outlook Email Address Extractor. The software is capable to transfer outlook email IDs to excel and supports all Excel versions.
Also, this offline software has a simple UI with user-friendly behaviour. A tried and tested tool is also available in a Demo Version which is free to use and later if satisfied can use the full version. Moreover, the tool is can extract email addresses from Outlook calendar
Quick Guide – Steps to Use This Utility
1. First, download the tool in your system and install it.
2. Then, use the Add File option to insert the PST files in the tool.
3. Now with the help of the Change option, set the location to export email recipients from Outlook to excel.
4. After inserting PST File(s). Click the desired Export type and Apply the filter.
5. Finally, hit the Extract button to begin the process and after that, a report will be displayed on the screen post-completion of the process showing the success and failure count in a CSV format.
In the above article, we have explained how a user can easily export email recipients from outlook to excel. In this informative post, we have mentioned the manual and software-oriented approaches which ensure that transferring process occurs smoothly without causing any issues. Reasons behind the process and tool steps with proper instruction have been explained to ease your work.