How to Convert GIF to APNG? Intuitively Convert GIF to APNG
Like the aforementioned query, plenty of users have the same requirement and want to learn about the methods.
APNG format is a lot similar to the PNG format but is used for animations. It has a lossless compression which makes it a great option when there is a need to open & save the image multiple times.
You can change GIF to APNG after understanding why users prefer the APNG format for their images. There are a few reasons.
We will be going through the differences between the GIF & APNG formats in the next section. Before that, a few points about the GIF format to have the basic knowledge.
We know that GIF images are animated files which move for about 3-4 seconds as a video. These are called animated images because they are hardly considered as videos.
However, why do you think is conversion necessary? Find out here!
Understand the Differences Before Learning >How to Convert GIF to APNG
- APNG format is an alternative to GIF format. It supports 24 bits color & over 16 million colors. GIF, on the other hand, is limited to just 256 colors.
- The quality of the APNG file remains the same no matter how many times you open it. Whereas GIF format loses its compression each time it is opened & saved.
- The images in APNG format have a smaller size than the GIF format.
- This APNG format doesn’t only support complete but also partial transparency (graded). GIF images, however, support simple transparency.
Change GIF to APNG With the Following Technique
When searching for a method, you will find out that there are multiple online converters available for this operation.
The only method available for converting these images is the Image Conversion Software. With the help of this software, you can easily convert the available pictures singularly or in bulk.
If you want to go for an online converter, you will only be able to convert the images one-by-one. For inserting multiple images, you will have to subscribe to the converter which offers no security.
Thus, learn how to convert GIF to APNG with the help of the software which provides multiple benefits with security.
There are many features available in the software which can be used to convert all the images that you want without cousin errors.
With the help of this tool, you can also save GIF to PNG & other formats. Use the features to your benefit. But before that, we will take a look at the steps of the tool.
Let’s see how it works.
Implementing the Steps of the Software for Conversion
1. Run the conversion tool and hit the Add File(s) or Add Folder(s) option to change GIF to APNG.
2. Click on Change for the destination path. In case there is a need to create a new folder, hit Make New Folder.
3. Open the Export Formats list to choose the format as APNG to convert the images. Choose Print to print the added images.
4. Select the Resize Image option and provide the sizes for the images you want in the Set Width & Set Height sections.
5. When all the settings are entered, choose the Convert button.
Wait for a while for the procedure to complete. You will have your converted images in a few minutes.
Benefits of Understanding How to Convert GIF to APNG Using the Tool
Take a look at the points given below:
- For users who want to convert the images in bulk, there is an option to insert multiple files or folders consisting of images.
- You have the option to convert the images to multiple formats such as PDF, DOC, HTML, BMP, PNG, JPG, etc.
- It is possible to change the size of the images during the conversion. It allows changing the width & height of the images due to which the conversion becomes easier.
- There is also the option to preview images before you change GIF to APNG to ensure the correct images are inserted.
- In case you have added the wrong files, apply the Remove or Remove All feature to eliminate the images.
- To change the order of the images, use the Move Up or Down option for rearranging them.
- It is available for all the versions of Windows OS machines.
With the help of the information available in this blog, users can easily perform the operation to convert their images as desired. The features available in the tool allow users to learn how to convert GIF to APNG without losing any data.
There are no other solutions available for conversion which can help you with a successful bulk conversion. In case users want to use the online converters, it is possible by converting images one-by-one.