With the development of the technology, needs of the users also keep on changing. A user wants to use different devices and platforms for a single objective. One such example is migrating the contacts list from Yahoo to iCloud.
Are you also one of the users who is looking for a solution to how to export Yahoo Contacts to iCloud? The answer to the question is not very daunting. The only thing you need to do is keep your mind open until the end of the post.
Need to Transfer Yahoo Contacts to iCloud
The need to move the contacts from Yahoo to iCloud can be understood by considering the following user queries:
Shelly Fuller: “I had been using an Android phone. But, now I switched to iPhone and used iCloud as the online storage device. The problem is I want to view my contacts from all the social networking in the iCloud. Currently, my contacts are saved in Yahoo Mail. Can anyone please tell me how to export Yahoo Contacts to iCloud?”
Emanuel Mitchell: “I have a Yahoo mail account, with many contacts. Now, I have started using iCloud. I tried to transfer Yahoo Contacts to iCloud but received an error message after trying to import it. I am looking for a simple, quick way to migrate Yahoo contacts to iCloud when I am viewing my contacts in iCloud. Can anybody please provide me the solution of how to open and view a VCF file? Thank you.”
Solution to Export Yahoo Contacts to iCloud
Whenever users need to migrate the contacts from Yahoo to iCloud, the first step is to export them. Manually copying down the contacts and recreating them at the later stage does not prove to be a feasible option. Yahoo has an inbuilt feature which enables its users to export the data in just a few steps.
To move Yahoo contacts to iCloud, a complete procedure can be broken down into 2 major steps:
- Export Yahoo contacts in vCard file format
- Import this vCard file into iCloud
Let us go through each step in a described manner.
Step1: Export Yahoo Contacts in vCard file format
1. Open the Yahoo mail. Visit the Yahoo Mail website on any web browser.
2. Sign in to the Yahoo account by entering the credentials. After doing this, you will be brought to the Inbox window.
3. Sign in to the Yahoo account by entering the credentials. After doing this, you will be brought to the Inbox window.
Note: There is a checkbox present beside every contact. Select the contacts you wish to export to iCloud. Select the checkbox present in the header of the panel if you want to export Yahoo Contacts to iCloud.
4. On the header of the second panel, click on the button named Actions. From the drop-down menu of Action, choose Export. This will open up the Export contacts window.
5. Here, you are required to set the format of the exported file. You have to choose vCard single file as the exported file type.
6. After specifying the file type, click on Export Now.
7. The contacts will be downloaded and exported now.
Step 2: Import this vCard file into iCloud
In this step, users need to transfer the vCard file obtained in the first step to iCloud. To do this, users can go for the third-party tool like vCard viewer pro. This is the professional solution to export Yahoo contacts to iCloud. The unique features of the software which has left the other technologies far behind are:
- The tool can export both single and multiple contacts VCF file
- Any number of vCard contacts can be exported using this tool
- Utility provides an option to merge or split several vCard contacts
- Enables the user to sort contacts alphabetically, by size or by date
- Multiple VCF files can be converted with the help of this utility
- Compatible with VCF file versions of vCard 2.1, 3.0 and 4.0
Time to Wrap Up
As we have discussed above, now you know how to export Yahoo Contacts to iCloud. The complete procedure is explained in a detailed manner. When the users want to transfer from Yahoo Contacts to iCloud, they can user vCard Viewer Pro tool.