Migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange – Move IBM Notes to Live Exchange Server
When it comes to migrating from IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange Online, one needs to put forth a sufficient amount of time to perform the migration process. However, in the case of bulk Lotus Domino mailboxes, the situation becomes more tiresome due to multiple NSF files to be transferred to Live Exchange Server.
Let’s consider a user query described below,
“Due to changing organizational demands, our company has decided to migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange. One of the major reasons is because of its complicated interface, which was ultimately degrading the team’s performance. Considering this factor, finally our technical administrator has suggested switching to MS Exchange Online. However, due to bulk NSF and Domino mailboxes, the time required to migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange might increase, which will hamper the ongoing work.
Is there anyone who has met with this same instance as mentioned above? Is there any reliable solution, which will consume the least time to perform Lotus Notes to Exchange migration? Please suggest at the earliest possible.”
Are you fed up running from pillar to post to know the solution to migrate the data. So, with the help of this blog, we will help you know the most preferred solution to meet your hovering demand.
Before jumping to the appropriate solution, are you still searching for a free solution? Read on further and know the different challenges held in the cost-free manual method.
One can make use of the manual method, which is free of cost to migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange. Microsoft offers an inbuilt utility which is MS Transporter Suite. Using which, one can transfer these files to Exchange Online. However, there exist a couple of shortcomings for this manual workaround, which is described below.
- Requires sufficient amount of time due to complicated and lengthy steps
- Leads to data loss issue once the migration gets completed
- Fails to migrate oversized Lotus Notes mailboxes to Exchange Online
- In the case of bulk IBM Notes files to be transferred, it becomes more complex and challenging
Then, what is the perfect solution?
Avail the Effective & Proven Technique for IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange
The manual method is imposed with different downsides as enlisted above. However, to avail the best-in-class features in order to seamlessly bulk export these files to Exchange Server, it is suggested to avail automated workaround. Hence, we have come up with a genuine solution using powerful SysTools Mail Migration Wizard which can efficiently migrate encrypted Lotus Notes emails to Exchange Server.
It is a secure and reliable application to export emails, calendar, contacts, tasks, journals, etc. to Microsoft Exchange Server. It easily migrates bulk Lotus Notes NSF files with the entire data directly to the mailboxes of Live Exchange Server.
Here are Some Top-Notch Features of the Efficient Software
The software is induced with numerous advanced features as mentioned below:
- The software migrates all the items from the mailboxes of IBM Notes such as emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, etc.
- The utility is able to migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange Server in just a few simple steps.
- It migrates IBM Notes Files to Microsoft Outlook.
- The application also allows a user to export Domino to Exchange Server.
- The user can opt for any one of the provided options for the backup i.e. Single User and Domain User backup.
- Encryption of the message is removed from the program in backup files and then migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange Server mailbox.
- One can also download any specific folder(s) accordingly.
- Mail Migration Wizard is tested using 2 TB of data so there isn’t any limitation of backup.
- Provides an option to Translate Canonical Name into the SMTP format.
- It is required to install Lotus Notes application to perform migration of IBM Notes to Exchange.
- To archive the complete Domain users data, Admin credentials are required.
- In the Exchange environment, Live Exchange Server is needed for the migration process.
- The software is compatible with all Windows Operating System: This Windows-based application easily works with all the versions of Windows OS.
- The program is designed with a user- friendly interface (GUI): An interactive platform is provided to the users to operate this tool even without any technical expert advice.
Simplified Steps to Migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange
Step 1. First, install the software and it will give you the main interface of the tool.
Step 2. It will ask you to select the destination to save the output data of the Lotus Notes.
Step 3. You can select the categories and apply filters, according to your requirement to migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange
Step 4. Once the migration gets completed, you can save report of the process.
Pros & Cons of the Migration Tool
- Instead of exporting the whole file/folder, one can select the categories while migrating from IBM Notes to Exchange.
- Advanced date-filter option is provided for each data item in the application to make the task easier.
- The tool migrate Lotus Notes email messages after removing the encryption from the messages.
- The user can exclude the unnecessary folders/delete items/sent items, which are not required.
- Provides a complete report of the whole migration process in CSV format.
Manual Method for IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange Migration
Those users who want to use a manual method for the execution of this process can go for Microsoft Transporter Suite. It is able to migrate the notes to Exchange server but there are various drawbacks integrated to them.
This tool is compatible with Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows Vista, Windows 98, and Windows XP. In case you have a higher version of Windows installed on your system, this will not be of help.
Go through the following steps to perform the procedure to migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange.
Steps for Migrating Notes to Microsoft Exchange
1. Install the utility and from the Microsoft Transporter Tools, click on the Transporter for Internet Mail. Hit the Next button.
2. Now, start creating a CSV file using the fields on your system.
3. Hit Add Mailboxes option and then browse and add the created CSV file in the tool. Then, hit the Import button.
4. After that, from the left panel, press the All mailboxes option and click on Migrate Selected Mailbox button given in the right panel.
5. Then, choose the POP option from the Internet Email Mailbox Migration Wizard. Navigate to the Client Access Server and click on Next.
6. Now, for IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange migration selectively, choose a specific date-range. Once you select your desired option, press the Next option.
7. Take a look at all the steps performed finally for the last time and hit the Migrate option to move further.
8. Lastly, click on the Finish button after completing the migration button.
Competitors of IBM Notes to Exchange Migrator
Transend, Kernel, Quest Migrator for Notes Exchange, are some of the software companies to make this product.
- Free Trial Available? Yes
- Premium Consulting/Integration Services Available? No
|Free Version||Paid Version|
Whenever a user makes a choice in buying professional tools to migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange Server, it is important to examine the technicalities and to evaluate the product through reviews. Also, it is preferable to check and verify the organizations and the people who have purchased that product. Therefore, we also have done a survey with some real-time users and found that this Lotus Notes to Exchange Migrator is the top-of-the-line product which can be rated with 9.5/10.