The enterprises are now continuously preparing to be as quick in their communications. In that way, if users are still using IBM Notes client, then it’s time to give it a thought. While corporate are nowadays preferring Microsoft Outlook due to its popularity amongst users, Lotus Notes trails way behind. The reason may be the complex structure of Lotus Notes. The Outlook profile can be easily accessed with multiple machines, but IBM Notes which can only be accessed through the configured machine only. Thus, the rising popularity & ease of users have forced users to Open NSF File in Outlook or to migrate one platform to another.
The only problem the users face is how to import the files in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003. The reason being they are very much aware of Lotus Notes but they lack information about Outlook PST.
What is The Reasons to Open NSF File in Outlook?
Over the past few years, Microsoft Outlook has gained popularity in between users & non-users due to its user-friendly interface & the multiple-machine configuration. Though the migration is very easy; but the users get stuck to migrate NSF files. Uncountable reasons result in data corruption & deletion during the file import process. The process to convert NSF to PST is divided into two main steps:
Step1: Solution to Export NSF Files
- Open Lotus Notes email client
- Click & Open Mail Tab
- Choose File option from Menu Bar
- Now, select the Export option to continue with Export Wizard
- Select the location in the system to save newly created file & then select a file format to save Lotus Notes into “Tabular or Structured Text”. With structured text, select the options to export in PST file format. CSV file should be exported by defining the requirements in CSV export dialog box.
- Click Export to complete the process.
Step2: Method to Migrate NSF File
- Install Microsoft Outlook on your system
- Click File Menu >> go to “Import & export” option & select it
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Import from another program or file” in that wizard. Click on next to proceed further.
- A pop-up will appear, choose Comma Separated Values from that option. Click Next
- Now, choose the desired file using the Browse option to open NSF file in Outlook. Click Next to proceed
- Now, choose the file by using the browse option to import the file. Click Next
- Click the Finish button to start the process. The files will be imported to the required Outlook Mailbox Folder.
The files will consume sometime to get imported. You have to wait until the process is completed under the processing unit of the system.
The technically sound users have the capability & knowledge to Open and Read Lotus Notes NSF file in Outlook. Also, the mailbox items face data integrity conflicts during the migration process. The professionally trusted tools are also available to migrate files from one platform to another. One such utility is NSF to PST Converter. The tool is very much efficient & provides many features to save emails as per the need.
Automated Tool to Open NSF File in Microsoft Outlook
- The software supports to bulk export of NSF emails to PST file format
- Maintains the exact Folder Hierarchy while converting to PST
- Provide users with 7+ Preview modes to analyze NSF Files
- Converts the files without any file size limitation
- The tool support Windows OS & Microsoft Outlook (32 & 64- bit)
As an email client Lotus Notes is losing its popularity due to various reasons, thus users are migrating towards other clients. However, to open NSF file in Outlook manually is complex & time taking the task. Data conflicts, time-factor & complexity while converting are all the drawbacks which create a problem at each & every step. Using the professional tool like the one discussed above will migrate files to Outlook in one attempt.