Summary: Today’s blog describes how to use PowerShell commands to import calendar into Office 365. A complete guide explaining the step-by-step process to import calendar items.
Companies hold meetings to share ideas and strategies for a successful project. Therefore, managers use a calendar application to plan meetings and to share them with others. However, many managers may need to import an offline copy of their calendar folder to share with other users or clients.
Therefore, you need to import the calendar into Microsoft Office 365 and you can easily do it by using Windows PowerShell commands.
Prerequisites Before Starting Process by PowerShell
- Import only healthy calendar items into Office 365.
- The user account must have read / write permissions to the Trusted Exchange Subsystem group on the folder.
Import Calendar into Office 365 Using PowerShell
If you have a CSV file that contains important calendar events, you can follow the steps below to import the CSV file into your Office 365 mailbox.
1. Install EWS Managed API from the following URL
2. Give Your Office 365 Account Impersonation Rights
3. Create a CSV File with All the Fields Including Date, Subject, Start Date, End Date, Start Time, End Time, etc.
4. Next Run the Below Command:
Import-CalendarCSV -CSVFileName C:\Monthly Sales Meetings\calendar.csv -EmailAddress email@example.com -Impersonate $true
5. If your account does not have Impersonation Rights, you can run another command.
Import-CalendarCSV -CSVFileName C:\Monthly Sales Meetings\calendar.csv -EmailAddress firstname.lastname@example.org -username email@example.com -password 1234!@#$
Limitations of PowerShell Commands to Import Calendar
- To import calendar items, you need to create a CSV file. This may take some time.
- The ability to import calendar items from a single mailbox may not be sufficient for large projects.
- If any field in the CSV file is missing, there is no way to skip it.
- The account requires personalized privileges when importing data.
Best Solution to Import Calendar into Office 365 Account
Office 365 Import Tool is professional software that allows Office 365 users to easily transfer PST file data. This software imports emails, calendars, contacts, and tasks from PST files to the Office 365 mailbox. With this tool, you can import PST to Office 365 shared mailbox without hindrance.
We showed you the complete way to import calendar into Office 365 using PowerShell commands. Also, PowerShell commands are restricted. To overcome the limitations of the manual import method, you need to use Office 365 Import Software.