Learn How to Migrate AOL to Outlook 2016/2013/2010/2007
AOL is a webmail-client. It also provides a desktop application for AOL users. The AOL desktop file cannot be viewed or opened in Microsoft Outlook because MS Outlook does not support this format. In order to make AOL emails accessible in Outlook users need to migrate AOL to Outlook PST.
Need to Import Emails to Outlook from AOL
An organization switching from AOL Desktop to Microsoft Outlook. In this scenario, all the employees need to move their AOL emails in Outlook. We know there is no direct method to transfer the AOL desktop file to Outlook format. Thus, one way to migrate AOL mail to Outlook 2016,2013,2010 & 2007 is moving the AOL emails from the Webmail to Outlook application.
Before we get to the solution, one real time query is discussed below.
Query – How to Forward AOL to Outlook?
“I am having a query regarding exporting AOL mail to Outlook. From the last few days, I am thinking to migrate AOL files to Outlook. As there are many more features available in Outlook. Is there any manual solution available to convert AOL emails to Outlook PST or should I opt any professional approach for this.”
Techniques to Transfer AOL to Outlook
For transferring the data from AOL account to MS Outlook, there are multiple solution available. Among them, we are discussing two tested and most trusted solution in the coming sections. Please go down to view each process step-wise.
Approach 1: Configure AOL to Outlook
- Open MS Outlook and go to File >> Info >> Add Account.
- Choose the radio button “Manual setup or additional server types” and click Next.
- Select POP or IMAP from the list and proceed.
- Find out all the details
- Enter Name, Email ID, select Account type (POP/IMAP)
- Incoming Server: imap.aol.com; Outgoing server: smtp.aol.com
- AOL Account credentials to sync AOL to Outlook
- Click More Settings and navigate to the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box showing My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Then, enable the use same server settings as incoming mail server option.
- In the Advanced tab, type 465 in the “Outgoing server (SMTP):” area and 995 for Incoming server (POP). Also, choose SSL encryption. Click OK.
- Click on the Next option to test AOL mail server settings.
- Click Close on the confirmation window. Then, click Finish to exit from the setup. Restart Outlook application.
In some cases, this process shows an unsuccessful notification. It might be because your account details are not correct or maybe you have turned ON the two-step verification.
One way to succeed is to create an app password for AOL mail and use it here for access AOL mail in Outlook. Another issue that comes in this configuration procedure is the entering of correct server settings and port numbers.
Method to Export AOL Emails to Outlook
This method uses a simple application to transfer emails from AOL to Outlook file. SysTools AOL Email Export tool is the application that performs this efficient task for the AOL mail users effortlessly. It directly downloads the emails from AOL mail to Outlook PST file and saves on the local hard drive.
Some of the unique features of this application are:
- Provides single account backup for inbox, sent, trash, etc.
- It provides multiple backup formats like MBOX, PST, MSG, EML, etc.
- Capable to export AOL emails to Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, etc.
- Have a facility of Incremental mail backup
- This software also provides date-based email filtering.
Steps to Export AOL Emails to Outlook
Step 1: Download and Run AOL to Outlook Converter and login with the AOL account.
Step 2: Select PST format to export AOL emails to Outlook.
Step 3: Browse a location to save AOL emails in Outlook file on system.
Step 4: Click on Start to transfer emails from AOL to Outlook file.
After the PST file is created, open MS Outlook and open the AOL file in the Outlook.
Related: AOL Email not receiving in Outlook
AOL users face some issues related to server down and that is why they want to migrate AOL to Outlook. The manual procedure for this migration is not easy. But if you can crack the issue in time and act accordingly, it will offer you success. For you to perform successful email migration, there are two techniques above to access AOL in Outlook.