Microsoft Office 365 prides itself because it provides dynamic, collaborative workplaces to its customers. The cloud productivity suite also renders compliance, accessibility support, Industry-leading security measures and attention to privacy. But, according to research, data loss and protection are still major concerns for Office 365 users.
Thus, in order to secure the Office 365 data, it is necessary to take Office 365 database backup. There are various Office 365 backup solutions are available.
Why It Is Required to Take Office 365 Database Backup?
There are lots of people working on the Office 365 but they do not think about any disaster. In case of some hindrances like misconfiguration, client sync issues, the presence of ransomware and malware, they may lose their Office 365 data items. Data can be also deleted either accidentally or intentionally by end-users.
Hence, Office 365 database backup plays an important role to recover the lost Office 365 information. Because, if users want to get back their data then it will only possible when they have created a backup file. In the absence of backup, a company can lose their valuable information. Therefore, taking database backup in Office 365 is always suggested.
How to Create Backup of Office 365 Email Database?
As backup plays a vital role in the recovery process, so users need to choose an ideal Office 365 backup technique like SysTools Office 365 Email backup solution. Because it is one of the most preferred applications that enable users to archive data items from Office 365 account and save them either in PST or EML format. It also allows backup all Office 365 data items such as emails, contacts, calendar in the local machine.
However, you can also download the emails along with their attachments from either a single or multiple mailboxes of an Office 365 domain. Apart from this, the utility provides the customized backup and also maintains the folder hierarchy even after converting Office 365 data to PST file.
In addition to it, you can save the resultant PST or EML file data at any desired location from your system. However, this Office 365 backup software is compatible with Windows 10 and all below versions.
Working Procedure of the Tool
In order to create a backup of Office 365 data with the help of SysTools Office 365 Backup software, follow the given below steps:
- First of all, install and run the Tool.
- Then, log in your Office 365 account after entering the valid credentials.
- Choose the data like emails, documents from Category and apply the date filter on them. It will help you to create a backup of only the required data items and also save the unnecessary space and time during Office 365 backup process.
- Now, choose the required time, date and day to schedule the Office 365 backup. This software provides various scheduling options like:
- Backup Now
- One Time Backup
- Daily Backup
- Weekly Backup
- Monthly Backup
- In the next step, you can select the radio button next to any of the schedule option according to your need.
- After that, choose the destination location for saving the data. Next, click on the OK button.
- After browsing the location, click on the Finish button to save the Office 365 data locally.
- Finally, a pop-up window appears that shows “This user has replaced, the user. Backup for this user will start from the replacement date”. You just need to click on the OK button to complete the task.
The Final Words
In this write-up, we discussed the process to take a backup of Office 365 database. Because, Office 365 data is very crucial and when people lost any of the information, they have to face lots of difficulties. However, Office 365 database backup is very much important for any hazard situations such as data corruption, data loss, malware detection, stolen devices, and physical damage of device. Therefore, users are suggested to use a reliable solution i.e the third-party utility that can easily take backup and save them in the local machine.