Repair OST File and Make It Accessible
This post will help you to repair OST file without any limitations. Two different solutions are explained in below sections.
An Offline Storage file is an Outlook data file which help users to work offline in case of a failure in Internet connection and then automatically synchronize the changes with the Exchange Server when connected to an Internet service. Ost files are very useful for the user in many ways, they may show certain inconvenient traits such as corruption, inaccessibility, etc.
These problems may be also due to the synchronization issues with the Exchange server environment, malware attack, power failure, etc. Under such situations, the users may look for a solution to repair OST file. So in this article, we will discuss the best solutions available to repair Outlook OST file make it accessible.
Get Best Options to Repair OST File
The Outlook Offline folder repair options have been changing with every version of Outlook. In the versions 2000 and 2003, for the recovery of files the Detect and Repair tool was present. In the next version i.e. Outlook 2007, this tool was substituted with the Office diagnostics tool. The repair option which is provided with Outlook 2010 and 2013 is intended to fix the outlook installation files and registry entries. The latest version of 2021 provides the easiest way to repair .ost files in Microsoft Outlook
Repair Outlook OST File Manually
The easiest method to re-create the Offline storage file is to download the copy of all the items from the Exchange mailbox. Follow the below instructions and create a healthy OST file.
- Exit the running Outlook window and go to the Start menu
- Select Control Panel from Start and select the Mail option to see a Mail setup dialog box
- Choose a profile and click on Properties
- Select the E-mail Accounts option from the Mail Setup dialog box
- Click on the Data Files Tab and then on the Exchange account
- Click the Open File Location Option
- An explorer window opens to the data file location
- Close the Mail setup & Account Settings dialog boxes
- Select the Exchange data file in the file explorer window and delete it
- Re-open the Outlook application to find a newly created OST file.
Thus the task to repair corrupt OST files is completed.
Issues in Repairing Orphaned OST Files
Orphaned data files are the files which are no longer available for usage. Orphaned offline storage files can occur due to various reasons. Of which some are:
- Accidentally deleting the Exchange mailbox.
- Database corruption due to hardware failures at Exchange Server side.
- Sudden changes in the Outlook domain setting.
- Changing MAPI unintentionally.
- Synchronization issue due to losing the encryption key for MAPI and Outlook profile.
Also Read: Repair Damaged OST File in Outlook
Possible Solutions to Repair Corrupt OST Files
The orphaned files can be made functional by re-creating the synchronization between the OST data file and Exchange server. The steps used to repair Outlook OST file in this way are:
- Connect the Microsoft Outlook with the original Message Programming Application Interface.
- Connect this MAPI address with the Original Exchange Server.
The above-mentioned methods to repair the corrupted and orphaned OST files can’t be used once Exchange server is down or it is currently not available due to certain disastrous conditions. But one can use third party tool to repair OST file even without Exchange profile and Outlook.
Solution to Repair Corrupted, Orphaned, Damaged OST Files
Due to certain limitations with the manual methods. It is not recover corrupt OST file, one can use the third party tools and restore Offline Storage data successfully. For this, there is a utility named SysTools OST Recovery Tool, the best solution to repair corrupt OST files in Outlook. It helps to resolve the OST file cannot be accessed error.
The Main Features of SysTools Software
- Allows to repair and recover both temporary as well as permanently deleted files.
- Provision to split the large OST files into small files.
- Option to repair Offline Storage file of large size without any data loss.
- Allows the preview of data along with the count of items.
- Preview of emails can be done along with the attachments.
- Provides a status report so that the user could track the OST files during repairing.
Steps to Repair OST File Using SysTools Software
Follow the instructions to repair OST files:
- Step-1: Download and Install the software on your system.
- Step-2: Launch software and browse OST file into software
- Step-3: Tool will scan the OST file and generate a Preview
- Step-4: View complete data of repaired OST file
- Step-5: Now selected a format format and save repaired OST file data.
Read More: Fix Outlook Unable to Open OST File Issue
The End Note
Occasionally there arise abnormalities in the working of Outlook Offline Storage files due to crashing, synchronization issues, etc. Since the manual methods for this may face certain difficulties with highly corrupted OST files. Here, SysTools software becomes quite helpful in repairing OST file without any data loss within a short time.