IBM Notes is one of the majorly used email applications by organizations across the globe. It is an all-rounder email program, which offers all kinds of essential features to manage the challenging business requirements. At times, the working of the organization is badly affected when something goes wrong in IBM Lotus Notes. This may not only hamper the working of the individual but also deteriorate the work performance.
One of the common errors, which hampers the working of HCL Notes is because of Lotus Notes error 1325 – is not a valid file name. If you have come across similar such error message, then this blog will help to resolve this troublesome error in the best possible way.
So, without wasting much of your time, let’s get started with the proven resolution!
Symptoms of Lotus Notes Install Error 1325
- Direct display of message “Error 1325 – is not a valid file name”
- The local machine freezes for a few seconds while working
- Response to keyboard and mouse entry is late
- The currently active window abruptly closes
- A complete system crash occurs when a program is running
Top Reasons for Lotus Notes Error 1325
There are several reasons behind the occurrence of such Lotus Notes error 1325. Enlisted are some of the main reasons:
- When there is an error in the Windows registry especially in the NSF files, then such error message is displayed
- When there is improper installation of Lotus Notes, then this Lotus Notes error 1325-filename is not a valid short file name occurs
- When Lotus Notes is installed from uncertain source, then there are possibilities of this error
- When the user has unintentionally deleted any of the Lotus Notes files then the error message is displayed
Any of the above reasons might be the cause for the Lotus Notes Error-1325. Hence, it is advisable that the exact reason for the error be known first. An appropriate solution may be chosen accordingly to resolve the error issue.
A Secure & Reliable Solution to Fix Lotus Notes Error 1325
There is no assurance of how much fruitful the manual method would work out. There are instances wherein the below listed manual techniques fail to fix this error message.
If in case you are not able to fix Lotus Notes error 1325 using the manual method, then the only safest option is to convert Lotus Notes data items to different file formats. For that, you can choose third party tool i.e., SysTools Lotus Notes to Exchange Migration software.
The software is integrated with best set of features that permits users to efficiently migrate Lotus Domino mailboxes to the safest cloud platforms such as Exchange Server, Office 365 and Microsoft Outlook email application.
Free Manual Methods to Resolve Error 1325 is not a valid file name
Method #1: Fix the Corrupted Windows Registry
- In the search box, type Run
- In the Run Windows, type regedit and hit the Enter key
- Click on File tab -> Export button
- Select the destination location where you save the file with REG extension
- Double-click on the REG extension. This tries to restore the information in the registry.
This is a quick-fix manual method to resolve the issue. But in this, there are chances that the data may be lost. Hence it is suggested that the user try this with a third-party registry cleaner tool that is efficient and helps in proper restoration of the Windows registry.
Method #2: Update all Drivers of PC
The error issue may crop up due to outdated or damaged drivers. Thus, it is necessary that all the drivers of PC be updated. The steps to update the drivers are-
- On your local computer, open Control Panel
- Click on Device Manager option
- Right-click on the device and click on Properties icon
- Select the Update Driver Software option
Thus your driver software gets updated.
Method #3: Perform Complete System Scan
In order to detect any virus on the computer, it is necessary that you run a complete scan of the system and fix any malware if found. This can be done by installing good anti-virus software which may be provided with the operating system or can be purchased from a third-party provider.
Method #4: Uninstall Lotus Notes Application and Reinstall it
- Go to Control Panel -> Program Features
- Click on Lotus Notes application entry
- Click on the Uninstall option
- Download the complete setup again from any trusted source and reinstall it.
Drawbacks of Manual Method – Why Is It Not the Proven Approach?
No doubt, the manual method is time-consuming and tedious. The manual method is not a sure shot method to resolve the issue of Lotus Notes error 1325 is not a valid file name. This is because there are possibilities that the data is lost when you try to restore the corrupted Windows registry. Also, all the above methods are to be tried when you fail to succeed with one single method.
Well, most of the users won’t be having enough time to try all the above-furnished manual methods. Therefore, it is recommended to make the best use of the guaranteed automated workaround i.e., availing Lotus Notes to Exchange Migrator. It will help you resolve all those challenging problems faced due to IBM Notes 1325 error message.
Time to Wrap Up
Most of the users face “Lotus Notes error 1325.” With this issue, it becomes difficult for the users to access the Notes data and to do the daily work activities. Therefore, to smartly deal with such error message, we have discussed all the probable manual approaches for the same. Additionally, a proven method to curb this error has also been described in this post.