Save Office 365 Emails as MSG in Mac OS X – Complete Solution
As we all know that Office 365 is a widely used email client that comes at the top while talking about productivity. The reason is that Office 365 is a cloud-based service that provides many facilities under one roof and permits us to work remotely from any part of the world using a public network such as the Internet.
But as every service Office 365 also has some limitations like Office 365 does not permit a user to import contacts, emails, and other items from Office 365 to Outlook.
So in this article, we will explain you to how to save Office 365 emails as MSG. Read the through-out article to go through the easiest solution.
Before moving further let’s has a short introduction of the file format:
MSG: This file format is used to store individual email messages and other single items such as tasks, meetings, appointments, etc. outside of Outlook. This format is compatible with all the Outlook versions.
How to Preserve Office 365 Emails as .msg in Mac?
There are two methods to save Office 365 emails as MSG file format:
- Manual Method
- Automated Solution
Method 1: How to Save Office 365 Emails as MSG using the Automated Solution?
Emails are very crucial and contain very sensitive information so a user needs advanced solutions that allow you to save emails from Office 365 by using the following steps:
- Download and install the Office 365 Export Tool
- Enter the Office 365 credentials of your Office 365 account and hit the login button
- Select Email and MSG file format from the menu
- Browse the destination folder for your resultant file
- Hit the Start Backup button to start the process
Now, wait till the tool completes the process of importing emails along with your all crucial information. By the above method, one can easily save office 365 emails as MSG and even a non-technical user can convert emails as .msg file format without any extra efforts.
Additional Features of the Tool
- This tool allows the user to export emails in more than four file formats.
- Authorize the user to pause and resume the ongoing process.
- Permits a user to convert the selective data using a data filter option.
- Allow you to import Office 365 Calendar into MS Outlook.
- Provides an option for the naming convention as the original.
- Additionally, a user can delete the data from the server using the delete after download the option.
- Also, allow the user to backup the newly arrived data by using an Incremental Backup option.
Method 2: How to Save Office 365 Manually?
MS Outlook provides several options to save an email item, one of which is an MSG file format. Follow the given steps to save Office 365 emails as MSG.
For Windows Outlook
Follow the given steps to save an email as MSG:
- Open the MS Outlook desktop and double-click on the email that you need to save. Now the email will open a new dialog window
- Navigate the file tab on the Outlook ribbon
- Click on Save As from the left side. This will launch a new window with additional saving options
- Give a name for the file and stick with the default name. from the menu of Save as type, choose Outlook Message Format –Unicode and hit the Save button
For Outlook on web and Outlook.com
- Tap on New message
- Then drag and drop the selected mail in the message body
- The email which is selected is now attached as an MSG file
It is convenient to create and save email items in an MSG file format. MSG file format can be easily saved on your local system or can also be shared or uploaded easily, and can be accessed easily from anywhere. We also provide you the expert method for the user query of how to save Office 365 Emails as MSG. One can easily save emails as .msg format using the above methods.