Are you in hurry to compress large size PDF files? If yes. Then you landed on the right page to find the answer. But, before that let us know more about PDF files. PDF is a portable document format which is developed as an exchange format for documents. It is used to display files in an electronic form independent of hardware, software or operating systems they are viewed on. This file format integrates various elements like images, text, animations, vector graphics, 3D models, hyperlinks, buttons, etc. All these elements can be included in the same PDF and organized as a presentation, report, or portfolio. There are several advantages of using PDF document such as security, convenient, compactness, etc. Although, PDF files are compact and contain unlimited information. But, sometimes it becomes difficult for the user to manage such large PDF file and thus arises the need to reduce PDF size. Therefore, in this write up we will learn the precise way to compress PDF document.
“I have received an email containing PDF file as an attachment. But, it’s size 80 MB. I would like to reduce size of PDF. Would I be able to compress large size PDF files without reducing the quality of the content?”
“ I need to email PDF file which contains the thesis, images, and a lot of diagrams. I received an error message while sending PDF document. What’s the simplest way to solve this problem to solve this issue?”
Different Need to Compress Large Size PDF Files
There are various needs which demand the compression of PDF files such as –
- Large size PDF documents cause various issues while sharing them via email.
- They consume more bandwidth and take huge time to download and open.
- Consume large storage space for example if an organization maintain digital copies of documents, then there should be aware of the space required by the files because even PDF files can start to add up.
Points to be Remember While Reducing Size of PDF
Quality should not be Affected: While reducing the size of large PDF documents users should focus on content quality. Image and text quality should not be degraded. However, if there is any change in the content quality or gets blur then the compression will not be an effective on.
High Rate of Compression: Because it saves a huge amount of disk space. Most of the time when we try to share large PDF files through internet but, we encountered with an error message “Size is too large to send the file”. Therefore, there should be the high degree of compression.
Preserve PDF Content: One thing should be remembered that while compressing PDF files data should not get lost. In case data is not preserved then, we have to put extra efforts to recover the lost data.
Manual Solution to Compress Large Size PDF Files
Big PDF files are difficult to manage therefore, users can reduce size of PDF file by Adobe Acrobat Pro. Follow below steps to shrink size of PDF files –
- Firstly, launch Adobe Acrobat and open PDF file
- Click on File and select Save As Other
- Now, choose Reduce Size PDF
- Select Later versions of Acrobat to increase File size reduction
- Click OK to compress PDF file and Save it
Drawbacks of Manual Solution to Reduce Size of PDF
Some of the limitations of manual approach are given below-
- In order to compress large size PDF files by Adobe Acrobat Pro then users should have its paid version. However, this is not preferred by most the user.
- It is quite lengthy and time-consuming approach to compress PDF files by Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- It requires high technical knowledge about Acrobat to perform the task
Automated Methodology to Compress Large Size PDF
The Manual approach is not considered as the ideal means of compressing PDF files. Therefore, in order to win the situation, users should give more preference to professional & trouble-free method i.e. SysTools PDF Toolbox. This software easily shrink large size PDF document without any difficulty.
We have carried out a discussion of the two solutions i.e. manual method and automated approach, to compress large size PDF files. As manual approach has various limitations, it is advised get access to use a third-party Tool. Also for the user convenience, the use of an efficient tool is suggested.