MS Outlook is one of the widely used desktop-based email clients among the business users. As everybody knows emails are the most common source for exchange of information. Therefore, it must have many crucial contacts in it also. However, accessing all these contacts anywhere is the most basic need or requirement of any business user. But, as it is a desktop-based application so, it becomes difficult for a user to access the Outlook contacts anywhere. Therefore, to resolve this issue, a user is advised to move Outlook contacts to some other application that is easy to access without any hassle. One such solution is to import Outlook contacts to Kindle Fire HD. This may help users to access Outlook contacts anywhere they want without any hassle.
This Kindle Fire HD is a type of tablet computer, which is produced by Amazon.com. It offers a 7-inch multi-touch screen with IPS technology, which runs on the custom version of Google’s Android OS known as Fire OS. Initially, it was a series of eBook readers after that, a user can shop, browse, read, etc., using wireless networking. As it is small in size and easy to carry anywhere, so it will be beneficial to import Outlook contacts to Kindle fire HD. Now, the question arises how to transfer Outlook Contacts? As there is no direct method available, so one needs to export Outlook contacts to vCard and after that, import vCard to Kindle fire. It is because this Amazon Kindle Fire HD supports only VCF file format.
Just a Suggestion: If a user is looking for the solution to import Kindle Fire contacts to Outlook email client, for which no manual solution is available. Therefore, a user is advised to directly use vCard Importer tool. It is an ideal solution to import Kindle Fire contacts without any data loss or modification.
Need to Transfer Outlook Contacts to Kindle Fire HD
In order to understand the exact need behind the Outlook contact migration, consider the most common queries asked by the users:
I am using Kindle Fire from past few days and I liked using it very much as it is carry anywhere I want. And, now I am thinking to import Outlook contacts to Kindle fire HD, so that it become easy for me to access it. Can anyone out there tell me how to import all my Outlook contacts in a seamless manner? It is becoming really difficult for me to find any solution for the same.
I am using Kindle Fire from past few days and I liked using it very much as it is carried anywhere I want. And, now I am thinking to import all my Outlook contacts so that it becomes easy for me to access it. Can anyone out there tell me how to import all my Outlook contacts to Kindle Fire HD in a seamless manner? It is becoming really difficult for me to find any solution for the same.
Manual Method to Import Outlook Contacts to Kindle Fire HD
As there is no direct method available to move contacts, so a user first needs to extract Outlook contacts to VCF format and after that import vCard to Kindle Fire.
Save Outlook Contacts to vCard
Step 1: Export Outlook Contacts into CSV format
1. First of all, navigate to File >> Open >> Import
2. After that, select Export to a File option and click on the Next to continue
3. Then, select Comma Separate Values (Windows) option from the list and click on Next
4. Now, choose the Contacts folder
5. Next, you need to click on the Browse and give a name to your file, click Next button
6. in last, click on the Finish button to end the process
Step 2: Import CSV File into Gmail Account
1. First of all, Log in to your Gmail account
2. After that, click on the Gmail button from the top-left side of the panel and expand it. Then, click on Contacts option
3. Now, click on More >> Import option
4. After that, click on the Choose File option to select the CSV file that is to be exported
5. In last, click on the Import option
Step 3 Export vCard from Gmail Account
1. Click on the More button again and then, choose Export option
2. After that, choose All Contacts option or choose The group option
3. Then, choose the vCard format to export Google contacts in VCF format
Now, save the resultant vCard at any desired location of users choice.
Import vCard to Kindle Fire
After exporting all Outlook contacts in vCard format, its time to transfer VCF to Kindle Fire. Now, to do the same, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. To start, plug your Kindle Fire into the local machine with the help of micro-USB cable
2. After that, make a new folder on the Kindle fire root drive called “Contacts”
3. Then you can easily copy all the required VCF files in that particular folder
4. Now, you can easily disconnect the Kindle fire device from the system
5. To verify, you can click on the app that is named in your app content library “Contacts”
6. After that, click on the menu icon from the bottom of the display screen and then, click on the Import/ Export option
7. Next, you need to select the Import option from the Internal Source
8. After that, the Kindle Fire automatically locate the contacts folder and copy your contacts from the folder that you have created earlier to store VCF files
Considering the requirement of users to import Outlook contacts to Kindle Fire HD, we have discussed a complete manual solution. A user can easily use this manual method to transfer Outlook contacts to vCard in a seamless manner. It is one of the best solutions to perform contacts migration from Outlook to Kindle Fire HD.