Export Outlook Contacts to vCard – Learn Different Easy Ways
Summary: Want to export Outlook contacts to vCard to send across your contact information? If you are facing problems, then read this article to find yourself a smart solution.
Contacts are extremely important and are required if you want to communicate through emails, SMS, video calls, audio calls, etc. If a user lost any contact, then it is not that difficult to get that back. One can contact the respective person through any application.
However, if there is a case of any business organization that keeps thousands or millions of contacts in their database, then a single missing contact can prove to be a great loss to the company. Therefore, it is highly recommended to backup and export Outlook contacts to vCard to access them in the future.
User Query: Hi! I use MS Outlook as my primary email client that has got thousands of contacts saved in it. For work purposes, I have to export them into a vCard contacts file. Outlook does not show any such option and hence I am stuck. Is there any way to export the contact list in vCard file format easily?
In the following article, we will discuss possible ways to resolve the issues facing by the users. We will try to suggest methods to export contacts from Outlook to vCard in order to manage the bulk number of contacts in vCard format. Now, you can proceed with the techniques.
Must Read: Export Outlook Contacts to Thumb Drive
Automatically Export Outlook Contacts to vCard
There are two ways for exporting your files i.e., an automatic way or a manual method. You should go for SysTools vCard Export automated solution to backup & export Outlook contacts to vCard and save them to your local disk in very little time.
The solution is for non-technical users that do not understand the basic technicalities in MS Outlook. Therefore, try the effective solution to convert Outlook contacts to business cards. Read some of its advanced features listed below:
- Bulk export contacts from Outlook account
- Export Outlook contacts to multiple formats
- Match the custom fields of the contacts
- Selectively convert the Outlook contacts
- Supports all MS Outlook versions
- Export all contact fields & attributes
Steps for Exporting Contacts from Outlook to vCard
The automatic method is easy to implement, simply follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Download the software on your system and install it. Click on Add File to browse and load Outlook contacts. You can allow the tool to automatically fetch the files for you.
2. Now, the tool will scan the added files and provide you a complete preview.
3. Select the contacts and move to the next screen. Select vCard export format here or any other format. This tool offers to convert PST to WAB or help users export Outlook Contacts to Yahoo. Not only this, but one can also export Outlook Contacts to Gmail by creating their respective files where the contacts are automatically mapped.
4. Choose the vCard final version and decide if you want a single file for all contacts or not.
5. Browse a final destination to save the files and hit the Export button.
This is how you can perform the exporting of contacts from Outlook files to vCard. This method can be used to export Outlook Contacts to iPhone and iCloud as well. Another way of executing this task is the manual way as described below.
Manually Export Outlook Contacts to vCard
The manual approach is quite easy if you have a limited number of contacts to save on your hard drive. But the process can be time-consuming if you have a large number of contacts in the Outlook address book.
It is possible that a user needs to back up either single contact or multiple contacts at the same time. Therefore, it is important to know the relevant method to save Outlook address book contacts to VCF files efficiently. Follow the below methods:
Export Single Outlook Contact as vCard
- Open MS Outlook 2010 navigation window. Click on Contacts to access all the contacts.
- Now, click on the specific contact which you want to convert to the vCard file format.
- Go to File and then click on Save As. A window will appear to browse the location where you want to save the contacts in the hard drive. After selecting the location, type the name of the file and then select vCard Files (.vcf) in Save as type.
- At last, click on the Save button, and all the contacts saved individually to that location.
Export All Outlook Contacts to vCard
- In Outlook 2010, select all the contacts at the same time and then click on Forward Contact in the Home tab. Then click on As a Business Card.
- A new message will appear. In that message, you can see vCard contacts are in the form of attachments. It may take a while to export MS Outlook contacts to VCF file if you have selected a large number of contacts at the same time.
- Right-click on the attachments and click on Select All. Now, you have selected all the VCF contacts.
- Again right-click on it and then click on Save As. Now browse the location where you want to save the contacts and then click on the Save button.
The Bottom Line
In this article, we have discussed manual as well as automated solutions to export Outlook contacts to vCard file format. These techniques can help you in maintaining the backup of hundreds of contacts in very little time. This solution can be used by any non-technical person to access his contacts on his local disk without any efforts. The contacts can be easily maintained as vCard. This format is supported by many applications. Hence, a user can import vCard contacts to any email application.