How to Compress PST File Without Outlook Instantly?
Summary: Are you fed up with your cluttered Outlook mailbox? Do you want to minimize the size of the PST file? Have you tried solutions to compress PST file, but didn’t get any desired result? No worries, we will discuss how you can compress the size of the PST file without Outlook.
We all know that managing the PST file is quite difficult to work. As the PST file is limited to some extent. So it will only store the mailbox data items to some extent. Hence, to protect the Outlook data from any future uncertainties, it is better to keep the PST file size within limits. It should not cross its size limit. But, in case, it does then it becomes an urgent need to reduce the size of the PST.
Therefore, you may like to compress the size of the PST file, so that you can access the other incoming data. For this, we will share the different methods which can help you to compress the size of the Outlook PST.
Read More: Solutions When Forgot Password of PST File
Multiple Tactics to Reduce the Size of Outlook PST File
There are two tactics available that you can to compress the size of the PST file –
Read More: Why is Outlook PST Password Not Working?
How to Compress PST File With MS Outlook?
There is a manual method available to compress Outlook PST file. However, you must have the Outlook application installed to use this tactic-
- In the initial step, go to the Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2013 application
- Then, tap on the File option, and then Account Settings > Account Settings option
- Now, in the Account Settings dialog box, select the Data Files tab. Here, select the required PST file and double-click on it
- The Outlook Data File Settings box will pop up on the screen, hit the Compact Now button. Once the compressing process is done, finish it by clicking the OK button.
Drawbacks While Using the Manual Tactic
There are certain drawbacks that you will face compressing the size of the PST file –
- First of all, the mandatory thing is the Outlook application. That means you must have the Outlook of any version installed on the system.
- Moreover, it will only compress PST file size on a temporary basis.
- Likewise, performing this task manually will be a time taking process. This means if your Outlook mailbox is larger than normal then it may take up to days.
Compress PST File Without Outlook Instantly
Due to such drawbacks, the need for a feasible solution arises. Or what if you don’t have MS Outlook installed? So, in this situation, we suggested you to go for the SysTools Compact Outlook PST File Software.
Using this software, you can easily minimize the size of the PST file without installing Outlook. Along with this, you can compress the size of the attachments while using this utility. Here, it provides you an additional feature when you need for compressing the PST file in batch.
So, you get multiple advantages while using this tool without any data loss. Also, it works efficiently in all versions of Windows OS.
Instructions to Minimize the Size of Outlook PST
To operate this tool, first of all, download the software on your PC and follow the steps –
- In the first step, tap on the Add File or Add Folder option
- Now, after adding the file, tap on the Remove button to compress PST file
- On the next screen, you will get multiple Compression Options to apply
- Eventually, hit the Compress button to initiate the process to compress Outlook PST file without Outlook.
We understand the need for a free mailbox as if the file is full of emails it can be so filthy. Therefore, the need to compress Outlook PST file arises. So that, the system stops hanging while working. That’s why, in this article, we have shared different tactics. Using them you can easily minimize the size of the PST file. However, you can use the manual tactic, but it is not feasible. Hence, we recommend you to go for the method to compress PST file without Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2013.