You can export Exchange Mailbox to PST via PowerShell “New-MailboxExportRequest” command. Nowadays, many users and IT admin are exporting their EDB mailboxes from Exchange Server to keep it safe and secure from threats like – corruption, virus attack, hardware/software failure, hacking, etc..
Users can use the Exchange PowerShell cmdlet to export a single or bulk Exchange mailbox to PST. Managing the Exchange Management Shell is not a piece of cake, it requires in-depth knowledge and technical skill to use it. Also, this manual solution doesn’t export the dismounted / offline EDB mailboxes to the Outlook PST file format.
Note: To export mailbox from offline Exchange database file, one can use the advanced software i.e. EDB to PST Converter Tool. It supports public and private EDB file that provides the option to remove corruption from EDB file & recovers purged Exchange mailboxes and items from loaded offline/dismounted .edb file. This utility export EDB to PST, EML, PDF, MBOX, MSG, HTML file formats.
Prerequisites to Export Exchange Mailbox To PST Via PowerShell
1. Provide Mailbox Import Export role to export Exchange 2010/2013/2016 mailbox to pst via PowerShell. To do so the user needs to run the following command that is given below:
2. Grant full control to the Exchange Trusted Subsystem security group in the shared folder.
Procedure to Export Exchange Mailbox To PST PowerShell
The process allows you to export all mailbox data from Exchange Server to PST file. Here we are export data with the following parameters
1. Run New-MailboxExportRequest cmdlet to export Microsoft Exchange 2016/2013/2010 mailbox to PST.
The Syntax for PowerShell command as follows:
Once user run above command it will automatically queue the export
2. Now to check the status user need to run Get-MailboxExportRequest cmdlet.
The Syntax doesn’t contain any parameter:
3. Run Remove-MailboxExportRequest cmdlet if the user wants to remove the exchange mailbox to pst command
Run the cmdlet given below to remove the Exchange mailbox request
4. Exporting specific mailbox folder or content and moving exchange mailbox to pst PowerShell
To Export the only inbox, follow the syntax given below:
If you want to export emails that contain attributes as company or profit.
Note: All Parameter list can be found using Get-Help New-MailboxExportRequest -Full cmdlet
Procedure to Bulk Export Exchange Mailboxes To Outlook PST via PowerShell
To Export bulk mailbox to Outlook data file use the following syntax:
Here we are exporting all Microsoft Exchange mailboxes to PST file
Limitation Of Manual Method
- User should have technical knowledge and experience to manage PowerShell
- Risk of data loss while exporting large size Exchange data
- Doesn’t work properly with corrupted Exchange Mailbox
- Exchange PowerShell doesn’t export offline EDB mailboxes to Outlook PST
Note: If you are new to Exchange Environment, then it would be difficult for you to use the PowerShell command. In that case, you can use the automated wizard i.e. SysTools Exchange Export Tool which is capable to bulk or selective export Exchange mailboxes such as: disconnected, enabled, disabled, exclude dumpster, journal, corrupt, hosted from Live Exchange Server 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 / 2003 to the Outlook data file format. It provides a graphical user interface which makes it easier for users to migrate Exchange mailbox to PST from Exchange Server in a simplified way with no data loss.
The IT Experts and Exchange Users can use the Exchange Management Shell easily. But sometimes they also want a professional solution which saves their time and effort too. In that scenario, they can use the solution given that is given above.
Working Steps to Export Exchange Mailboxes to Outlook PST File from Exchange Server
1. Download the software in your local system and launch it
2. Enter the Exchange credentials >> Choose the Exchange Server version and click on the include sub-domain users >> Click on the login button
3. Select the EDB mailboxes that you want to export >> Click on the Next button
4. In the next window, select mailboxes data items >> Click on the given checkbox and select browse button to set target file location >> Click on the export button
As you observed that the above process requires a high amount of accuracy and knowledge to export Exchange mailbox to PST by using PowerShell scripts. Also, this process is prolonged and time-consuming. Users can use the professional software i.e. Exchange Export Tool which provides a reliable way to export mailbox from Exchange Server to Outlook data file in a hassle-free way without any hindrance. Rest, according to your preferences you can select the solution and export the Exchange database mailboxes.