This write-up will guide users to export mailbox from offline Exchange database to PST file in an efficient way without any data loss. Go through the article and find the advanced solution that helps you to export Exchange mailboxes from offline EDB file to Outlook data file.
All the data of Exchange is stored in the EDB file. It is the repository of Exchange Server, which is designed on a single client-server architecture. The Microsoft Exchange Server makes use of an Extensible Storage Engine to access its data files. This EDB file is prone to corruption, dismounted, or being offline.
Microsoft Exchange provides Exchange PowerShell and EAC to export mailboxes to PST files but these both solutions only work online database. So, in order to export mailbox to PST from offline EDB file one can use the SysTools Exchange Recovery Software, which supports offline/dismounted EDB file and export mailbox to PST in a simplified way. This tool can easily repair Exchange mailboxes.
How EDB File Become Offline/Dismounted?
There are several reasons why Exchange EDB file gets dismounted or become offline. Some of them are discussed below:
- When the Exchange administrator needs to disconnect the mailboxes from the Exchange Server. Once the database gets disconnected it is known as an Offline EDB file.
- If there is no Exchange Server installed on the machine & you have an EDB file then it is also considered as an offline EDB file.
- If Exchange mailboxes get corrupted & thus cannot be mounted back to the Server, then that Exchange database file remains become offline.
The major reasons behind corruption are – virus infection, application malfunction, shutdown, and much more.
Reasons to Export Mailbox From Offline Exchange Database to PST
- Users can export data from Exchange mailboxes to PST for legal investigation & for documentation
- The Outlook PST file works as a backup for later use & you can send this file to another user too
- If users want to migrate Exchange mailbox data from one user to the other. Then they can import the PST file into MS Outlook which is a very popular email client and send the mailboxes information to the required person.
Automated Wizard to Export Mailbox From Offline Exchange Database to PST
The Exchange Recovery Software is an advanced tool provide an interactive graphical user interface that easily export mailbox to PST from Offline EDB file in a hassle freeway. Various IT Experts, Exchange, and Naive users use this professional software to perform their tasks without facing any problem.
This utility is capable to export selective or multiple mailboxes such as: users, archive, legacy, disconnected, shared and data items like – emails, calendars, journals, contacts, tasks, notes directly to Live Exchange Server, Office 365, and various file formats: PST, EML, HTML, PDF, MBOX, MSG.
Then you can easily export your offline Exchange database mailboxes in bulk to any of these export option in no time. The software provides scan mode option (Quick and Advance scan) that can recover corrupt Exchange Database and recovers the EDB file from corruption. Depending on the level of corrupted Exchange database file user can opt the dual scan option.
Also, the advance scan recovers permanently deleted Exchange mailboxes and data items from loaded EDB file. After conversion, the utility auto-create the export report which stores the information of exported Exchange data to the resultant file.
Key Features Of Professional Software
- Recover multiple damaged/corrupted/unhealthy EDB file
- Export Exchange data from offline/dismounted Exchange database file
- Preserve original folder hierarchy and data integrity after conversion
- Export selective Exchange data by using the Date and Categories filter option
- Preview recovered EDB mailbox data items before conversion
- Save dismounted/offline EDB to PST, EML, PDF, MSG, HTML, MBOX file format
- Option to remove (SMIME/OpenPGP) email encryption from Exchange mailboxes in batch
- Compatible with all Exchange Server, Microsoft Outlook, and Windows OS versions
Step by Step Method to Export Mailbox from Offline Exchange Database to PST
Step 1: Download the advanced software in your local system and Launch it
Step 2: Select the Add File button > Load offline EDB file > Click on the Add button
Step 3: Preview offline Exchange database file, mailboxes and items > Click export
Step 4: Select the Exchange mailboxes > Click on PST > Select the browse button to set target file location > Click on the Export button
Finally, the tool successfully export mailbox to PST from offline EDB file
Bringing It All Together
However, their no manual that export mailbox from Offline Exchange database to Outlook PST file. Users can use the powerful software mentioned in the above section to export multiple Exchange mailboxes from offline EDB file to Outlook data file in no time without losing a single bit of data. I hope you found this write-up user useful and got the complete and detailed information to export EDB mailbox from dismounted or offline Exchange database to PST file.