Are you looking for a solution to export Outlook email to Word document ? Have you ever tried to do it manually? Here, in this blog, we have come up with an efficient way of saving Outlook email as the word file.
In today’s arena, email clients are playing an important role in normal or professional users life. One such application is MS Outlook, which is the desktop-based email client. It allows to saves all data items i.e., emails, calendars, contacts, etc., in PST file format. It brings forth the huge range of functionalities for end users making it easier to access an email data. But, the situation becomes worse when Outlook does not provide any native features to save or convert Outlook email as word document. Therefore, in this blog, we are going to discuss all possible ways to export Outlook email to word document in a clear way.
Manual Ways to Convert Outlook Mail to Word Document
Microsoft Outlook does not facilitate any feature to export Outlook emails to Word document. Therefore, if you want to do this then, you will have to put some more efforts. Here are few simple methods to migrate Outlook emails to Word file. Let us have a look:
Way 1: Usage of ‘Save’ Option
- First, start your MS Outlook application on your local machine.
- In the next step, click on an email.
- Now, select an option of File in the menu after that choose Save As option.
- In the dialog box, choose the destination folder and select Text Only from the Save as type field.
- After clicking on Save button, you can start your MS Word application.
- In Microsoft Word, go to File menu and then, choose Open.
- Under the Open dialog box, choose “All Files” option in File name line. Go with the text file that you have saved before.
- When you opt for an option Open, the mail in the text file will appear in Word document.
- After that, you can choose the File option in Save As.
- Eventually in Save as dialog box, select Word Document under Save as type. Click Save button
Way 2: Use Microsoft Outlook VBA?
1. First of all, press the Alt + F11 shortcut keys in MS Outlook.
2. Then, you can open a new module under the Outlook VBA editor window
3. After that, copy and paste the below mention VBA codes in it.
4. Next, open the Quick Access Toolbar and add the new VBA project
5. Subsequently, choose the mail or in Quick Access Toolbar choose the macro tab.
6. It will display when you enter the email contents with Word document
7. Now, you can save a new Word Document as always.
Feasible Approach to Export Outlook Email to Word Document
At certain times, the above-mentioned methods have some drawbacks. Moreover, it takes so much time during conversion from Outlook to Word document. Thus, forgetting the satisfactory result, it is advisable to opt for a reliable third-party solution. One such application is ‘PST Converter’ that helps to export Outlook email to Word document. Moreover, it allows transferring Outlook emails to different formats including DOC, DOCX, TXT, RTF. Even a novice user can use this software without taking external help. This tool has an interactive interface and easily understandable by anyone. Some salient features of the tool, which are listed below:
1. Export Outlook data items including emails, contacts, notes, etc.
2. Save all .pst emails in different formats like DOC/DOCX/RTF & TXT
3. Option to transfer both Unicode & ANSI PST files without any loss
4. Supports to migrate password protected and corrupted data files
5. Compatible with both Outlook (32/64bit) and Window machine
When users try to export Outlook emails to Word document, they may face several issues. Such problem arises because Microsoft Outlook does not provide any specific feature to save or export Outlook email to the word document. Therefore, to solve this problem, we have covered both manuals as well as the automated solution to convert Outlook emails to Word document in an efficient way. Users can follow any approach as per their needs and get the satisfactory results.