Nowadays, Gmail becomes a part of our lives, everyone is depending on Google mail whether the person belongs to IT or non–IT industry it doesn’t matter. As it provides reliable services and easy to operate, therefore, it becomes more famous.
As Gmail is a cloud-based email server, therefore, internet connection is necessary. But sometimes it is very unmanageable when the user is unable to connect with Gmail account due to an internet issue or unavailability.
By default, there is no way to access or read Gmail offline. That’s why many users are looking for a solution for how to save Gmail emails offline so that they can access their emails and attachments at the time of unavailability of internet connection.
This blog covers all the reasons, benefits, and solutions for those users who want to save / access / read Gmail emails offline on a local computer.
Requirements to Save Gmail Emails Offline
- One of the best things about working on a desktop-based server is if accidentally you have deleted your data you can recover it easily, as Google provides only a 30days retention period and once the retention period is over one cannot recover the data.
- It is not necessary that a user has direct access to connect with Gmail on cloud-based 24/7.
- If the user is traveling here and there then, it is obvious that he/she will not able to connect with the internet all the time. In this situation, if the user has the source to read Gmail offline then, the user can continue his / her work.
- Another reason is sometimes network error occurred or the connection becomes slow and unreliable in this condition it takes time to resolve the issue. So if have saved Gmail emails offline then you can easily. It is also time-saving and maintains your work too.
These are the highlighted points that why a user wants to use Google mail offline mode. The technical solution is classified into two broad part let’s proceed with a manual solution first.
How to Read Gmail Offline with Manual Method
- Login into your Gmail Account
- From your Gmail account, click on the Gear icon and choose “See all Settings” option.
- Now, click on General tab, then click on the “Offline” tab on the screen.
- From the Offline section, click on the checkbox to enable offline mail.
- This will enable more options where you can choose the time interval of emails that can be saved.
- Click on Save Changes button to start saving emails offline.
Now a user will able to work read Gmail mails in offline mode. All the attachments associated with emails will also be saved on your system. However, Gmail can save Gmail emails offline for upto 90 days only. Emails prior to 90 days cannot be saved offline.
Automated Solution to Save Gmail Emails Offline
Nobody likes interruption during their work and we cannot avoid the network connectivity issue. But one solution is always there to continue the work and that is by creating archive Gmail messages offline folder.
In the above section, a manual solution is provided to work offline with Google account, but because of its demerits, it fails to give the appropriate output.
Therefore to overcome the limitation of manual solution its best to take help of an automated Gmail Extractor tool. The automated tools help to read Gmail Offline in MSG, EML, PDF, MBOX formats also. Additionally, the tool also provides multiple features for selective data archive, such as:
- Category filter option
- Multiple formats to save your Gmail data.
- Folder filter for selective folder access.
- Choose the desired destination location for saving Gmail data offline.
Why Do We Care?
Everyone wants to make their work easy and if you are able to work offline that is more efficient and reliable. For that, a user should know how to read Gmail offline.
To save Gmail emails offline a user can take the help of manual or automated solutions. We have clearly elaborated the benefits and limitations of both methods. Compare both and choose the one that suits your requirement the best.