Exporting a specific email folder is the most common query of many Gmail users. Therefore, in this guide, we will explain to you the fastest way to export selected emails from Gmail account in a hassle-free manner.
Why did users need to Export Gmail Folders?
Many Gmail users created a folder in their account for storing emails from a particular recipient. Whenever a user thinks about how to maintain Gmail emails in the account, Gmail labels are the first option that comes to the mind. By using labels users can categorize their inbox folder emails in a well-organized way. So, that they can access any email message easily whenever needed. Sometimes its also crucial to backup them for safekeeping or for sharing purpose.
There are many reasons, when users want to export selected emails from Gmail into other file formats:
- Backing up important email items: Users can back up their important emails folder into PST/PDF/MBOX/MSG/EML format, in case of user cannot access their Google account. Then they can use that backup copy to fulfill their requirement.
- Add Folders to another email client: Users might export their selected email folders to use them with another Google account or another email client such as MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Free Up storage amount of Gmail: Whenever a user hit the storage limit of Gmail and then they become unable to receive and send emails messages further. To resume normal service, it becomes necessary to reduce the amount of data from Google account. So, mostly user prefer to take a backup of data for safekeeping and can delete data after that.
So, without wasting any more time, let us discuss the secure method that you can use to export selected folder of Gmail to PST/PDF/MBOX/MSG/EML.
Methods to Export Selected Emails From Gmail
Google partially understand the concern of its users and provided its own method to export selected emails using Google Takeout. This service provides the folder filter to download specific Gmail folder emails. However, as we said its partially understand is due to the reason that it only provides the option to exported emails in MBOX file format only. This makes it difficult for Outlook and other emails client who doesn’t supports MBOX file. As well as for those users who wants specific folder emails into PDF file for offline reading or share as legal document.
1. Visit https://takeout.google.com and login into your Gmail account
2. To create a new export, deselect all the selected items and then select Mail tab.
3. After selecting it, “All mail data included” option will be enabled. Click the option and select for the selected folder to export. Click on Next Step button to proceed further.
4. Next choose the file type (.zip or .tgz), and export size.
5. Finally, click on Create Export button to request for archive creation
Note: Once the archive is fully created you will get a download link in your Gmail account. Click on the link to download selected folder emails.
#2 Directly Export Selected Folder Emails in Multiple Formats
Automated tools such as SysTools Gmail Backup is an advanced utility that allows users to take backup of personal Gmail account data into multiple file formats such as PST/MBOX/MSG/EML/PDF. This software provides the Folder filter option to export only specific Gmail folder emails into the chosen file format. Additionally, the tool provides the “Delete After Download” option to delete that folder’s emails after exporting them. Users can also enable date-range filters to export selected emails from Gmail of particular date-range.
This software works with all versions of Windows OS including Windows 10 and below versions. It also allow to save emails from Gmail folders as PST file which can be easily accessed with all version if MS Outlook. Software provides an easy and effective way to export emails, calendars, contacts, documents etc. from Gmail to other file formats without any data loss and corruption in resultant file.Steps to Export Selective Folder Emails from Gmail are:
1. First, open Gmail Backup tool and Login
2. After authentication, select the Category as “Email”.
3. Choose the format in which you wish to export folder emails.
4. Click on Apply Filter to select a particular folder to export and apply Date-Rage filter also.
5. Browse the destination location to export the emails and click on Start button.
As we have discussed above, there may be any reason to keep backup or export selected emails from Gmail account in desired file format. This could also be done by using Google Takeout but the problem is the limitation of this service. It allows users to download/backup the data in some limited options or formats only. To overcome this issue you can go for automated Tool, it is brilliant software that allows you to take backup in multiple file formats and also provide a Delete After Download option to delete the Gmail account data after download it into any file format.