SSD (Solid State Drive) is a type of hard drive that does not comprise any drive or drive motor in it. It only uses IC sets as its memory to store the data. The SSD uses NAND flash memory with the database that conserves without power supply. Both the SSD and HDD perform the same process i.e., the storage of your data. Yet, the speed, performance and form factor are relatively high for SDD in comparability to HDD. At the same time, SSDs are expensive too. Although solid-state drives use advanced features to store/ save data even after that, the files saved in it can be deleted in multiple scenarios. So, if you are one of the victims of such kind of data deletion and searching for the ways to recover deleted data from NVMe/ M.2 SSD then, this article is for you.
“I had stored my crucial data in my NVMe/ M.2 SSD drive. Yesterday I was deleteting few useless data from it. I don’t know when, I pressed control+A after that press the Shift delete button. I have lost my all important data from it. Please assist me how to recover deleted data from NVMe/M.2 SSD. These data are very precious for me. Thanks in Advance.”
Conditions of Data Loss from NVMe/ M.2 SSD
- Frequent transfer of data from SSD sometimes may result omission of data files and it also may interrupt the data transfer process. This can lead users to deletion of data files
- While performing the read/ write operation on SSD, if the program/ application gets frozen due to any reason then, users need to close the application with force. Because of this, the data files can get deleted from the external drive
- Improper utilization of command prompt can delete files from SSD and it also may result the permanent data loss
- Re-installation of the operating system without proper knowledge and cautions can delete data from NVMe/ M.2 SSD
- There are several other factors like antivirus software, sudden power outage while working with SSD, using any third-party application to access SSD information etc., also can delete your data from M.2 SSD
How To Recover Deleted Data From NVMe/ M.2 SSD?
After detecting the accidental data deletion, the most crucial step is to stop using the affected SSD. It is so because these read and write operations will only make things worse. Below are some methods that can be utilized to recover deleted data from M2 Drive:
Manual Method to Recover Deleted Data From NVMe/ M.2 SSD
Whenever a file gets deleted from the system, it goes into the Recycle Bin folder. Hence, you can simply restore all the deleted data items. However, if the data is deleted permanently from M.2 SSD then, it cannot be recovered from this folder. If you had deleted the data normally (just via Delete command) then, follow the steps mentioned below:
- In your computer, open Recycle Bin folder
- Find and highlight all the deleted files that you need to recover
- Hit a right-click on the files and select Restore option
- After this, all the selected data files/ folders will start disappearing from Recycle Bin
- Now, navigate to the original location of files and check all the recovered files
Professional Method Recover Data From M2 Drive
If you have deleted the files and folders permanently from SSD then, the manual method is not applicable to you. In such case, you need to take help from a trusted third-party application i.e., SysTools NVME Drive Recovery Software. With the help of this, users can restore normal deleted, shift deleted, as well as formatted data files easily without any technical assistance.
Steps to Recover Deleted Data From NVMe/ M.2 SSD
- Download and launch the software any version of the Windows OS
- After this, select the SSD partition from which your files are deleted
- The software will display the preview of deleted data items and from the preview pane, you can select only required data items also
- Choose the particular file or folder and hit on the save button.
This article comprises a complete information about one of the most common user queries how to recover deleted data from NVMe/ M.2 SSD. Two different solutions are also described here to resolve the issue simply and now users can prefer any solution as per their convenience. But remember one thing, if you performing manual method. It is time consuming and may be if you will not perform in a proper way you can lose your data permanently.