Summary: In this blog, you will get to know all the POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS to how to REMOVE PDF PASSWORD on MAC OS X. This will include unlocking a password-protected PDF document using MAC PREVIEW. Also, you will get to know how to remove restrictions (Owner-level security) from PDF files.
BEFORE jumping to the solutions, you should be aware of PDF protection types.
Because PDF is a document that can be opened across all platforms. This renders people to protect it. So putting a password or some kinds of restrictions makes important standpoints of PDF security. So, there are two ways to secure a PDF document:
- USER-LEVEL: This is a typical password protection technique, where you just have to put a password. And those who know this password can open the document.
- OWNER-LEVEL: In this type of security, you may be able to open the PDF. But, cannot do anything unless the owner provides you the permission. The owner usually restricts some kind of activities in the PDF file like editing, copying, printing, etc. A permission password is used for this kind of protection.
In the coming section, you will get to know how to remove user-level or simply a password protected PDF file with Mac Preview.
How to Remove PDF Password on MAC Using PREVIEW
Mac Preview is an image/PDF viewer that lets you view and print images or PDF documents.
In the Mac operating system PDFs are open with Preview by default. To remove the password using this MAC application, follow these steps:
1. Right-click on the protected PDF file >> Open With >> Preview
2. The PDF document will prompt you to enter the password, Enter the security password
3. Here, the actual work starts, go to File option in the above >> Select Export
4. In Export As field – rename your file and then, Uncheck Encrypt option
5. Click on Save
After performing all the given steps you will get a password-free PDF file. And remember it is the exact copy of the protected PDF. So now you have two PDF files one is protected and another is Unprotected.
Now, there can be a possibility where you will say “this method doesn’t work in my case!”, “I wasted my time reading this solution”. This method works only if your PDF document is password-protected.
But, the problem is that you are unable to edit or print the PDF files, or whatever your motive is. So, this method will not be applied in this case.
To remove PDF restrictions use the best and secured AUTOMATED SOLUTION because this will work EVEN IF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN PERMISSION PASSWORD.
How to Remove Password from pdf on Mac to Enable PDF Permissions
This tool can remove both user-level & owner-level passwords. Also, you don’t need a permission password to remove PDF file restrictions.
With this tool you will be able to crack the permission password of the PDF to perform following activities:
- Remove copy protection from PDF
- Extracting Pages
- PDF Merging
- PDF Splitting
- Filling the Form Fields
- Commenting or annotate PDF
And so much more…
Also, you can try a free trial version of this software. But there is more! Visit this link to get this tool for both MAC & WINDOWS at the price of one. Make it fast, the offer will go soon. CLICK HERE
Note: You can also use Adobe Acrobat Pro to remove PDF password. But due to its annual subscription that needs you to pay $14.99 every month, people generally go for a more affordable options.
Crack PDF Permission Password Using the PDF UnlockerTool
1. Add one or multiple PDF documents or folder using ‘Add File(s)’ / ‘Add Folder(s)’
2. Press ‘Unlock’
3. Click OK
PDF Security: The Bottom Line
You must have noticed that this tool only cracks permission passwords that are Owner-level security. But, what about a User-level password? The simple answer is that you cannot crack the user password of the PDF document. NO tool in the world can do that. Because it makes sense if someone is hiding information through a PDF file and cracking that password will be illegal.