Do you know how to import Excel contacts into Outlook distribution list? Or you are also looking for a solution to copy contacts from XLS sheet to MS Outlook account? There are contacts saved in multiple different formats. This is crucial information that may be essential for any business, professional or IT technician. There are ways to manually import email addresses from Excel to Outlook Distribution List.
These are techniques which can be used by any administrative staff for routine office activity. It is helpful to transfer multiple business cards to a new desktop client easily. It can be useful to upload all of them from a mobile device such as Android or iPhone to Windows PC. These are normal steps to export Excel contacts to Outlook can be easily performed by anyone. Read the blog to know how to export Excel contacts to Outlook account. Follow the instructions precisely to avoid data loss.
“I am running a small business related to accounts. From last few days, I am getting some issue related to Microsoft Outlook. But, as I am not a very technical person so, I wasn’t able to resolve what the issue is. There are methods to import contacts to Outlook 2007. I was searching for some solutions online. There are ways to convert a column to email addresses in Excel directly to a usable format in the desktop client. There are specialist ways to transfer them to a distribution list. Could you help me with this?”
Manual Steps to Import Email Addresses From Excel to Outlook
Following are instructions to transfer contacts to desktop PC:
- First, copy and paste the columns of email addresses to a blank Microsoft Word document.
- Now, a small clipboard will be displayed on the right- hand side. Click on it once and select ‘Keep Text Only’ option.
- From the Home tab, click on the Replace button. This will help to move Excel contacts to Outlook. It can often be found under Edit >> Replace.
- Then, on the ‘Find’ box and enter ^P. This is the carat symbol and can be located using the Shift+6 key.
- Then, click on the ‘Replace’ box and type in a semi-colon. It can be found in the immediate right of the letter L.
- Finally, click on the ‘Replace All’ button. When the process is finished, click OK and close the Find/Replace window.
- Now, a list is created which can be copy and pasted into an Outlook email messages.
Limitation of Manual Method
- It can be tricky and confusing for some non-technical user. It can be all jargon for some regular businessman trying to move Excel contact to Outlook.
- These are difficult terms and a basic understanding of the concepts is required. Otherwise, a user can risk losing a lot of important information during the export.
Easy-to-Use Alternative to Move Excel Contacts to Outlook
There are a number of different ways to perform the same export. One is to use the regular manual method. The other is to use online solutions available online. A user can go to the websites that provide similar service or professional software which can be downloaded to PC. One such tool is the SysTools Excel to Outlook Converter which can import contacts from Excel to Outlook 2010.
It has the facility to load and preview data stored in the spreadsheet. It has the option to create a distribution list within the client. One can even exclude duplicates upon export.
Here are some more of its underlying features:
- Option to save contacts directly to the current profile
- Requires necessary Outlook installation on PC
- Compatible with all latest versions of Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP and earlier ones
- Facility to map different fields according to choice
Read More: Transfer Contacts from Excel to Outlook 2013
The path to data recovery may be difficult. There are cases where emails can be restored by a corrupt mailbox but contacts cannot. There are ways to import email addresses from Excel to Outlook Distribution List. It can help save those important business cards to a new client easily. These are simple steps which is helpful information to any user in a workplace environment. There are also alternative workarounds available which make the task a lot easier. These are specialized tools which are designed just for this purpose. One such efficient, reliable and user-friendly product is mentioned in the post. All the necessary information about it available discussed as well.