Sometimes, a user can find difficulties in importing multiple vCard or VCF files to MS Outlook. A person can have thousands of contacts stored in his system. But if a user is transferring single file including multiple contacts at a time, then it may take a lot of time and efforts to do such a simple task. To import a VCF file with multiple contacts into Outlook 2010, it is very important to create a single file merging all the contacts and after that, you can move that file to Outlook. In your system, contacts are saved in VCF file format but to import that file, you need to convert it to CSV file format. With the help of vCard file import solution, a user can export VCF contacts to Outlook in an easy way. In the following article, we will discuss problems that many users are facing as well as solutions to overcome those issues.
“Hey! I have hundreds of important contacts in my system. I want to access them in my Outlook email application. But I don’t know how to import multiple vCard contacts into Outlook 2010 by creating a single file. Please help me and provide me the best solution. Thanks!”
Method of Adding Multiple VCF Contacts to Outlook
As discussed, it is a three-step process in which you need to create a single VCF file, change it to CSV and then import to Outlook. Go through each step and perform the following steps to import a VCF file with multiple contacts into Outlook 2010:
- Merge all the contacts into a single VCF file
- Place all the VCF contacts to the root of the C:\Drive into a folder and name it something. For example MyContacts.
- Now open the command prompt with the help of Windows key + R. Type cmd and then press Enter.
- Type cd C:\MyContacts and then press Enter.
- Then type copy /B *.vcf all_in_one.vcf and then again press Enter.
- Now all the contacts will merge into a single VCF file named all_in_one.vcf. The command prompt will show the successful message “1 file(s) copied”.
- Close the command prompt. Go to the location where the file is created.
- Convert VCF/vCard file to CSV with the help of Gmail
- Login to your Google account. Click on the Gmail on the left side of the window and then click on Contacts.
- Now contacts window will open. Then, click on the More drop down and after click on Import button.
- Now navigate to the location where you have saved your VCF file. Select that file and then click on Open button.
- After that, your contacts will import to your Gmail account.
- To convert VCF to CSV file format, again click on Gmail drop down menu and then Contacts.
- In Contacts window, click on the More Drop-down menu and click on Export.
- Select Outlook CSV file format and then click on Export button.
- Your CSV file will be created and saved to your default download location.
- Move VCF contacts to Outlook using Import and Export Wizard
- Open Microsoft Outlook. Then click on Import and Export.
- You need to select Import from another program or file and then, hit on Next button.
- Now, choose Comma Separated Values (Windows) from the options and then click on Next button.
- Click on Browse button and navigate to the location where your CSV file is saved in your system. Select Do not import duplicate items and then click on Next button.
- Now, click on the Folder in which you want to save the contacts. Click on Contacts folder and then on Next button.
- Now click on Finish button to end the process.
- Now all your contacts will be exported to Outlook.
Alternate Method to Import a VCF File with Multiple Contacts into Outlook 2010
It is true that above-discussed method is quite lengthy and time-consuming. It is possible that a user may lose the data during the conversion process. To save your data, you can go for the automated solution to import VCF file with multiple contacts to MS Outlook 2010 version. It is a hassle-free as well as an effective solution to convert the VCF file to PST vfile format. After that, you can open the PST file in MS Outlook. Even a non-technical user can also export contacts to Outlook without losing a single bit.
In the following article, we have discussed ways to import a VCF file with multiple contacts into Outlook 2010 email client. The manual approach is quite easy to perform but it cannot assure complete safety of data. On the other hand, if there is a non-technical user then he may face some difficulties to perform the process. For that, you can go for the automated solution to save data and time.