Over these years, Microsoft Office 365 has extremely gained the heart of numerous users because of its features. It offers plethora of features and services that helps every individual to work conveniently. As a result, both small-scale and large scale organizations have started availing Office 365 application to meet one’s requirement in all respects. It is quite a challenging task when it comes to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 account.
Although there is a manual solution available to implement Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration, however it is quite difficult which requires adequate technical knowledge else it could lead to severe data inconsistency issues. Moreover, it does not allow to migrate calendar entries to Office 365, which needs to be manually exported.
Considering such major drawbacks associated with the manual method, it is best suggested to avail some reliable third-party. If you are among those users who eagerly wants to know the best solution to implement Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration? By reading the following write-up, one can efficiently migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 in a seamless way.
So let’s get started with the technique to be followed!
100% Proven Solution to Migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365
SysTools Lotus Notes to Office 365 is an advanced utility, which is a foolproof solution for users who are looking to transfer their Lotus Notes data to Office 365. It incorporates the best set of features that allows to export IBM Notes data items like emails, contacts, calendar, tasks to the resultant Office 365 account. It is designed in a way that it is capable to translate canonical name into SMTP file format. Altogether, the tool is loaded with numerous features that makes a quick file migration from NSF to the respective Office 365 profile. The free version of the tool allows users to export 25 Items/Folder.
To know more about the tool, visit: SysTools Mail Migration Office 365 Tool
Features of Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool
1. Migrate Domino to O365 – The user can easily transfer from Domino Server directly. For which Live Domino Server and Microsoft Office 365 credentials are required. Live Domino Server environment is also needed in this process.
2. Lotus Notes to Office 365 Conversion – This tool provide the bulk option to users. Through which users can easily migrate NSF to Office 365 in a single click. It will help the user to save time and also makes the conversion process hassle-free. But make sure that Office 365 credentials are required in this process.
3. IBM Lotus Notes Mailbox Conversion – This migration utility will help the user to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 including contacts, calendars or tasks. It will easily convert the data with proper structure and mapping.
4. Selective Items Option – This utility will allow the user to migrate selective Lotus Notes application to O365 for better manageability. Using this option user can select specific data items including emails, calendars, contacts or tasks, etc to convert them more conveniently.
5. Several IBM Notes Accounts Supported – Under this functionality, users can select any mailbox from Domino server and can also, migrate Lotus Notes Application to multiple office 365 accounts. This option is available under the business edition of this tool
6. Email Filters – Option to sort emails according to various attributes like To, From, received date, etc. This will help the user in email migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365, in a manageable way.
7. Doc Links and HTML Formatting Allowed – While importing Domino to O365, the tool provides an option for HTML formatting and doc links. If it is enabled then the utility will keep the HTML formatting like Hyperlinks and attached documents intact.
8. Exclude Duplicate Contacts – One can exclude duplicate contacts from being migrated to O365 account. Lotus Notes to Office 365 migrator provides multiple filter options and customization to users.
9. Filters Calendars Option – Through this application, the users can easily export Domino to O365 account by calendars specific dates. The user just needs to set a period of time by “To” and “From” attributes, and specified files will be exported.
10. Show Migration Progress Report – Once the process of IBM Notes to Office conversion is started, the tool will show the live progress and also provides the complete progress report, including mailbox name, authentication status, task, contacts & email which are being converted.
How Does the Tool Function to Import Lotus Notes to Office 365?
- Install and run the software to initiate Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration process
- Upload the NSF file using Add File(s) or Add Folder option and once the file is chosen, provide IBM Notes password as shown in the below image
- Users can select Names.nsf by clicking the Browse button, after which the file will be uploaded
- The data can also be accessed via Domino Server and enter the credentials for the same
- Now, you can see that “Office 365” will be automatically selected as an export option
- Users can avail two different option i.e., With Impersonation and Without Impersonation while migrating the data
- Then, provide the credentials for each NSF file that has been selected on the software interface
- After that, provide O365 user ID followed by authentication process at the same time
- Different customized filters can be availed while migration Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration
- Once all the required settings are applied, click the Export button in which the desired data from the NSF file will be migrated to Office 365 account
Pros and Cons of IBM Notes to O365 Conversion Product
- One can apply email filtering option based on date and time while converting Notes mailbox.
- The application requires a Live Server environment to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 account.
- It provides an option to exclude unwanted folders before importing so that the user can save the cloud space.
- The free version only supports the importing 15 emails at a time from IBM Notes to O365.
Need for Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration is rapidly increasing with each passing day. Microsoft Office 365 provides numerous advanced features to handle its data which attracts many other email client users to switch from their accounts. Similarly, IBM Notes users also looking for a solution to transfer their emails, contacts, calendars, notes, etc. to O365 account. So, it is suggested to go for a third party tool like SysTools Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migrator to upload the entire account information to Microsoft Cloud without the occurrence of any technical disputes.
Some Frequently Asked Questions By the Users
- How to migrate multiple NSF files to the respective O365 account?
Using the manual method, it is not feasible to export multiple NSF files at a time. For that, it is suggested to avail Lotus Notes to Office 356 migration tool.
- Is the manual method capable to migrate entire NSF mailbox items to the desired Office 365 profile?
No. Using the IMAP connector, it is not possible to transfer calendar data items. Hence, it needs to be manually migrated to the O365 account.
- Is it possible to map mailboxes & NSF files corresponding to the respective Office 365 account?
With the manual method, there is no such facility to do the same. However, using the aforementioned Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tool, one can efficiently map mailboxes along with NSF files to the desired O365 account.