When the user finds difficulties while using the Opera Mail, they will suffer many issues and that will arises more problems. Mozilla Thunderbird is an email application that is easy to setup and configures. It is a free, an open-source, RSS, cross-platform email client. The user can manage multiple emails, newsgroups, supports multiple identities within accounts and have many properties like quick search, sort options, saved search folders, filtering etc. It can be extended with advanced notification support using an add-on. Mozilla Thunderbird can overcome the issues that are arises in the Opera Mail. This article would discuss about the method to import the Opera Mail to Thunderbird.
User Query: “ My Opera Mail is not really working well. Sometimes it does not accept large files and also some problems in RSS feeds. The only one solution that I saw was to import Opera Mail to Mbox. Is there any solution for convert .mbs file to Thunderbird.”
User Query: “I use Opera Mail file for a long time for my personal and official purpose. Now I want to migrate Opera Mail file to Mbox.I have no idea about how to move .mbs file to Mbox format. Can someone suggest me the way to import opera mail to Mbox.”
Introduction About .mbs File
The MBS file created by Opera Mail, one Desktop based Email Client developed by Opera Web Browser. It contains email messages, such as the inbox, drafts, send items etc.
Reasons for Moving MBS File from Opera Mail to Thunderbird
- Slow responds at the time of data synchronization.
- No add-ons, RSS feeds, and updates are accessible.
- Does not supports all web pages.
- Not secured message signing.
Ways to Migrate Opera Mail File to Mbox
- Using manual way.
- Using SysTools Thunderbird Import Wizard.
Manual Method to Convert .mbs File to Thunderbird Mbox Format
Usually, when an issue occurs, first the users would like to try on the manual method. By using the steps given below, one can migrate from Opera Mail to Thunderbird. The given steps are easy to move .mbs file to Mbox format.
Step1: To import opera mail to Mbox, at first you have to create one folder to where the data wants to be imported.
Step 2: Right-click on the folder, and you can find Import/Export Tool, after clicking on that select Import Mbox File in order to migrate opera mail file to Mbox. Now you can get a Files Mbox import wizard. Click on OK to begin the process to import Opera Mail to Thunderbird.
Step 3: Here it opens a window to select .mbs file to import. Select the .mbs file that you want to import and press Open to move .mbs file to Mbox format.
Likewise, you can migrate Opera Mail file to Mbox.
- Totally free of cost.
- Manual methods cannot import large amount of data.
- No filter methods in manual method.
Convert .mbs File to Thunderbird Using SysTools Thunderbird Import Wizard
SysTools Thunderbird Import Wizard is the software that we can import a large amount of .mbs files to Thunderbird easily and carefully. Support to import MBOX emails and file attachment. By using Select Files/Select Folders user can import single or bulk files. It helps to import selective emails from MBOX files using Filters and imports nested folders within the MBOX file and maintaining the structure of the file. Maintain folder structure of MBOX files/folders while importing. So you can use SysTools Thunderbird Import Wizard to move.mbs file to Mbox format.
The whole process to import Opera Mail to Thunderbird can be divided into two steps.
1) Export .mbs file from Opera Mail.
2) Import .mbs file to Thunderbird using SysTools Thunderbird Import Wizard.
For completing this process successfully, you should have to follow the guidelines given below.
Step 1: Exporting .mbs file from Opera Mail.
- To move MBS to Mbox file, first, open the Opera Mail software, and select the files that are required to import to the Thunderbird.
- Then, Right-click on file, that we are selected and Press Export Option.
- Save the .mbs file with a suitable name in the desired location.
Step 2: Import .mbs file to Thunderbird using SysTools Thunderbird Import Wizard
Now, you have to move .mbs file to Mbox format. There is no any option for importing files in Thunderbird. So you have to download and install SysTools Thunderbird Import Wizard to import Opera Mail to Thunderbird.
- Download and install SysTools Thunderbird Import Wizard.
- Open the tool and The user interface of the software is like as follows.
- Now click on Add File/Add Folder option. Here it opens a window to select the .mbs file that we want to import from Opera Mail to Thunderbird. Select the file and press Open. Then click Next to continue the process of convert Opera mail file to Thunderbird.
- Here you can select the identities. It also contains filter method. If we want to filter, then set the filter option. Then press Import in order to import .mbs file to Thunderbird.
Note: Make sure that, you are selecting a POP configured account from the Selected Identities. If the account is IMAP configured, then it will not import the Opera Mail to Thunderbird.
Here it opens a window in which we can know that how much files are imported from Opera Mail file to Mbox.
- Click OK. Then the import process completed successfully. Likewise, we can convert a large amount of files from Opera Mail to Thunderbird.
This article described two approaches to converting the Opera Mail to Thunderbird. One is the manual method and another one is by using SysTools Thunderbird Import Wizard. By using Thunderbird Import Wizard we can carefully import Opera Mail file to Mbox format. Thus, together with this assisted information, you can comfortably make a decision on how you can import Opera Mail to Mbox.