How to Recover Permanently Deleted XLS Files – Know The Solution
A computer is a transferrable storage medium that makes daily life so simple. Computer are moveable, light, and small in size. But, few unavoidable incidents make a hard drive unreadable and then, you cannot access the unreachable data. In such situations, formatting a hard drive is the only method left to make it readable again. Doing this fix the inaccessibility problem and make hard drive readable but, deletes all data from it.
Now, users might be thinking that is it likely to recover permanently deleted XLS files. Well, users can recover deleted XLSX files and no matter what is the reason of data loss. This is so because lost data files are still located anywhere on hard drive but, we cannot access them. The freed space becomes marked as reusable and it tells the system that space can be used to save new data. Hence, if users have not written any new data to it then, users can restore the lost XLS as they are still in your computer.
Types of Hard Drive Failure
Essentially, the Hard Drive failure is characterized into two different types:
- Content Failure: The container (hard drive) is supposed to be physically integrated and recognized by the PC as a physical volume. This type of failure is usually called “Logical Failure” or “Software Failure”.
- Container Failure: This happens when the hard drive is physically damaged. The hard drive data becomes unreadable and users must need to recover the USB key to make it operable. Otherwise, one just need to remove the PCB and operate separately.
Techniques to Recover Permanently Deleted XLS from Computer
If users have lost your important excel or other data files from hard drive then, below are some simple ways to recovered virus-infected files from external hard drive.
Technique 1. Recover Permanently Deleted XLS from Computer using CMD
- Click the Start button and navigate to All Programs. Hit on Accessories >> Command Prompt
- Here, enter cmd.exe and press the Enter button
- Kind chkdsk “drive letter” /f and click the Enter button. It will be the first line of the code that users are going to use in the USB drive recovery. Now, make sure that everything is isolated with a single space. For instance, C:\Users\TheVirtualWriter>chkdsk E: /f
- Press the Enter button and kind Y for preceding commands until the command line gets started. You may get a lot of commands on the cmd window as these commands are displaying the procedure to recover permanently deleted excel from hard drive. Type Y for those command questions for proceeding further
- Type the hard drive letter and press Enter. After this, the command line will start again after scanning the pen drive and convert the files inside
- Now, execute [E:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.*] command and it will recover everything from the computer including excel
- After entering the code, a new folder will be created automatically in your laptop and it will contain all the recovered xlsx and other data items
Limitations of CMD
Command Prompt is a proficient way to recover deleted xls file from hard drive however, it has its downsides too. The commands need to be entered precisely as even a single spelling mistake can make the situation even worse. Also, the Command Line Interface (CLI) can be confusing for few users and the command does not always work to recover deleted excel from hard drive.
Technique 2. Recover Permanently Deleted XLS Files Using Automatic Tool
Computer data recovery software is a standalone tool to recover deleted, corrupted, and formatted xls and other data items from hard drive. This assists to restore XLSX from all brands hard drives of any size. The application can be installed and used in Windows 10, Windows 8, and all below versions of Windows OS. It executes the all data recovery from hard drive in some easy steps. Follow the instructions below to recover deleted xlsx files:
- Download and launch tool. It will show all hard drives
- Choose the device from which users want to recover deleted files from hard drive and the software will list all its basic information’s in the right panel of tool
- Now, users will get two different scan options, one is Scan to recovered deleted audio files from computer and other is Formatted Scan to recover data from formatted hard drive. Hit on Scan
- The utility will start scanning the USB drive after this and show the current progress report in percentage
- After this, it will list all the recovered deleted PNG files from computer in its left panel and bold the folders that comprise data. All the restore permanently deleted excel files will be highlighted in red color
- If users want to save only few preferred emails then, check all the desired data excel and hit on save. Then, just hit on Save to export all restored data
If you are one among those users who are finding the solutions to recover permanently deleted XLS files from computer then, this article is just meant to you. Here, we have revealed some simple solutions to restore permanently deleted excel files from hard drive. So, if users have damaged your files, users can desire any of the given solutions as per your current desires.