How to Configure Gmail with Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016?
Are you unable to configure Gmail account in Microsoft Outlook? Know how to setup Gmail with Outlook in all versions and access Gmail data.
Gmail is a web-based email client whereas Outlook is a desktop-based email client. It needs to be downloaded, installed, and configured to be used. You can also connect to your social network from Outlook inbox, and Gmail is one such webmail platform. The need for accessing emails & contacts from either profile can emerge at any point.
Most users would like to read and handle all their email accounts from the same interface. Hence, in this blog, all possible ways to setup Gmail with Outlook have been discussed.
How to Setup Gmail in Outlook Manually?
Follow the mentioned prerequisites to access Gmail in Microsoft Outlook:
- Log-in to your Google Gmail Account.
- Click on the Gear icon at the top right side and select Settings.
- Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab on the links given above your Inbox.
- In POP Download, click on Enable POP for all mail that arrives from now on.
- Now select Archive Gmail’s Copy in the drop-down box next to “when messages are accessed with POP”.
- Click on Save Changes at the bottom to save all your changes.
This method setup your Gmail account so that MS Outlook is able to download messages through the POP3 protocol.
To access Gmail messages through IMAP, proceed with above mention steps 1 to 3 then in the IMAP Access and select Enable IMAP. You can either select the POP or IMAP but cannot select both at the same time.
Auto Configure Gmail with Outlook
When you are done, you can setup Gmail with Outlook automatically by following the steps:
- From the File menu (Office button in Office 2007), select Add New Account.
- Enter your email ID and password in the dialog box that appears.
- Click on Next.
- Microsoft Outlook will take a few minutes to search for Gmail settings and will configure the account for you.
Note: If you select POP in the Settings of your Gmail account, you will get a POP3 account in MS Outlook & If you select IMAP in your Gmail account, you get an IMAP account in Microsoft Outlook. If you want to add Gmail to Microsoft Outlook manually.
Steps to Configure Gmail with Outlook
Follow the step-by-step process to setup a Gmail account in an Outlook email client. After the configuration is done, you can easily sync all your Gmail emails in the Outlook application.
- From the File menu, go to Add Account.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types in the dialog box that appears.
- Click Next.
- Select Internet Email and again click Next.
- Enter your name, email address and password in the dialog box that appears.
- Go under Account Type, select POP if you wish to create a POP3 account. For IMAP, select IMAP account.
- Depending on the type of your account, enter pop.gmail.com or imap.gmail.com for the incoming server.
- For outgoing server, enter smtp.gmail.com
- Click on More Settings.
- In Outgoing Server tab, select My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires Authentication.
- Now select Use Same Settings As My Incoming Server.
- Go to the Advanced Tab.
- For creating a POP3 account, enter 995 in Incoming Server Port, and for creating an IMAP account, enter 993 in Incoming Server Port.
- Click on This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection & for IMAP account, set the encryption to SSL.
- Enter the value 587 in the Outgoing Server Port and set the type of encryption to TLS & click OK.
- Click on Test Account Settings… to test the settings of Outlook account.
- Now a message will display saying your account settings are correct. Then click Next in the dialog box.
It explains how to setup Gmail with Microsoft Outlook stepwise. Now it’s all set. You successfully added a Gmail account in MS Outlook. Now, you can forget your Gmail account as you can see all that stuff in the Outlook account.
Alternate Solution to Transfer Gmail to Outlook
As you see the manual method is so lengthy & time-consuming. Here, we have an alternative so that the user can export Gmail emails to PST format in a few steps. Gmail Email Extractor Software solution takes less time to complete the process and there is no loss of data.
Wrapping it up
There are times when employees need to access their personal Gmail accounts from their workplace Outlook account or vice-versa. Many searches for setup Gmail with Outlook. Therefore, steps for configuring a Gmail account in Outlook has discussed. Often users face the difficulty of not being able to communicate as often as they like using contacts on both profiles.
Many prefer the manual procedure which is highly time-consuming and irrelevant considering the alternatives present in the market. So, there is also an alternate solution available.