How to Export Gmail Emails to PST With / Without Outlook?
Gmail is known as the emperor of free email service. Even I have been using it since 2011. We can take backup of Gmail account in MBOX format using Google Takeout. But, Google doesn’t provide any means to export Gmail emails to PST format.
“I am using Outlook 2021 in Windows 11 OS. But there are some critical data that is stored in my Gmail account. So, I want to export those emails into my Outlook. Is there any solution to export emails from a Gmail account to PST format? Please help!”
There are numerous Outlook users who wish to access their Gmail account in MS Outlook for offline access or to switch over to MS Outlook. However, due to the unavailability of the method Google to export emails from Gmail to PST format, the user is unable to complete the task.
Reasons to Export Gmail Emails to PST Format
There are some reasons for exporting Gmail emails to PST file format. Please read the mentioned below points:
- In Gmail the reply messages are composed of a very small screen preview whereas in Outlook full-screen view is available.
- Google advertising is time-consuming in Gmail.
- In Outlook, you can easily undelete the email whereas in Gmail you cannot recover the deleted email.
- It takes 6 clicks to ban a message in Gmail while it takes only 3 clicks to do so in Outlook.
- In Outlook, you can sort your emails according to the file size but Gmail does not offer this.
- MS Outlook has Social integration with Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter.
- Outlook has an integrated photo viewer. While Gmail displays all as embedded thumbnails.
- Outlook provides unlimited storage space plus gives an additional 100 MB limit on Attachments. Gmail offers 10 GB storage & 25 MB limit on attachments.
- These features of MS Outlook over Gmail often captivate users to migrate emails from Gmail to Outlook PST format.
Manual Method to Export Gmail Data to PST
If you want to export emails from Gmail to PST then it can be easily done manually using the POP3 protocol.
You just need to synchronize your Gmail account with MS Outlook using POP configuration. Once the configuration is finished, MS Outlook will create a PST file (at the default location in C Drive) containing all Gmail emails. Below are the steps to export Gmail emails to PST file:
Steps to Setup Gmail Account With Outlook
Follow the steps to set up a Gmail account with the Outlook application. But we are careful while configuring the account, as there are chances for technical errors.
- Open Gmail Settings >> Account Forwarding tab, Enable the POP. Now, save the settings & open Outlook.
- In Outlook, click the Settings icon from the upper right corner, & click More Mail Settings. After that, click “Sending/receiving an email from other accounts” & then select Add an email account.
- In your Gmail account, enter the Gmail address & password to connect Outlook & Gmail which is the final step to export Gmail to PST.
- In the current wizard, click on the Advanced Option & enter full address. Set the incoming mail server to be pop.gmail.com with the default port 995.
Automated Solution to Export Gmail Emails to PST Without Outlook
The manual method discussed above exports emails from Gmail to PST using the MS Outlook application and may not be that powerful all the time. The main problem with these methods is the risk of data loss. So to overcome the risk the user can prefer an automated solution that often provides Safe and highly secure methods.
Gmail Email Extractor Tool is one such utility to save & export Gmail messages to PST file. The tool can easily take the archive Gmail emails and export them into PST file format as per the requirement.
Additionally, the tool provides the Delete After Download option, which will automatically clear Gmail storage space, when this feature is enabled.
Steps to Export Emails From Gmail to PST
Free download the tool on Mac and Windows OS to export Gmail emails to PST file format. Follow the steps:
- Install and launch the utility.
- Enter Gmail account id and password for login and authenticate.
- Choose the email format as PST and category as Email.
- Select the Folder and Date Filter for selective emails export.
- Choose the destination location and click Start button.
As mentioned in the above article, Gmail is considered the king of free email services. But, now we can say that Outlook has shown tremendous features that Gmail lacks. Through this article, users can easily find the reasons to export Gmail emails to PST with attachments either using manual or automated solutions.