“I am using MS Outlook in Windows 7. But there are some critical data which is stored in my Gmail account. So, I want to export Gmail emails to Outlook. Is there any solution for Gmail to Outlook PST migration? Please help!”
“I have over 21k+ emails in my Gmail account. And I cannot go through & delete all the junk. So, I simply want to export emails from Gmail to Outlook PST file so that I can access Gmail messages in MS Outlook account. Can you please suggest me how can I export my emails.?”
Gmail is known as the emperor of free email service according to several normal users whereas Outlook is also been used by many users. But, people nowadays prefer Gmail to PST migration as Microsoft Outlook offers many new features which Gmail does not provide.
Gmail is a free email service which is developed by Google. Whereas, MS Outlook is an email client from Microsoft. Outlook includes emails, calendar, task manager, contact manager, note taking, web browsing & journal. Thus, this article is all about the needs & the methods to export Gmail emails to Outlook PST file using the manual as well as the automated solution. You can use SysTools Gmail Backup Tool to take backup of Gmail emails with attachments easily without any data loss.
Why Users Need to Export Emails from Gmail to Outlook PST File?
There are some reasons for exporting Gmail emails to Outlook PST file format. Please read the mentioned below points:
- In Gmail the reply messages are composed of very small screen preview whereas in Outlook full-screen view is available.
- Google advertising is time-consuming in Gmail.
- In Outlook you can easily undelete the email whereas in Gmail you cannot recover the deleted email.
- It takes 6 clicks to ban a message in Gmail while it takes only 3 clicks to do so in Outlook.
- In Outlook you can sort your emails according to the file size but Gmail does not offer this.
- MS Outlook has Social integration with Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter.
- Outlook has an integrated photo viewer. While Gmail displays all as embedded thumbnails.
- Outlook provides unlimited storage space plus gives an additional 100 MB limit on Attachments. Gmail offers 10 GB storage & 25 MB limit on attachments.
- These features of MS Outlook over Gmail often captivate users to migrate emails from Gmail to Outlook PST format.
Easy Method to Export Gmail Emails to Outlook, Manually
If you want to export emails from Gmail to Outlook then it can be easily done manually using the POP3 protocol. With this, you can easily export all existing messages of Gmail to PST file format or you can import the respective messages after the POP has been enabled. Once you add Gmail account with Outlook, the Gmail messages can easily be deleted after the import process. As there will be two copies of the same email message that will fill up unnecessary Google storage space if not deleted. Below are the steps export Gmail emails to Outlook email client:
Configure Gmail With Microsoft Outlook
- Open Gmail Settings >> Account Forwarding tab, Enable the POP. Now, save the settings & open Outlook
- In MS Outlook, click the Settings icon from the upper right corner, & click “More Mail Settings”. After that, click “Sending/receiving an email from other accounts” & then select “Add an email account”.
- In Gmail account, enter the Gmail address & password to connect Outlook & Gmail which is the final step to export Gmail to PST.
- In the current wizard, click on the Advanced Option & enter full address. Set the incoming mail server to be pop.gmail.com with the default port 995.
To know more how to configure Gmail with Outlook, click here: https://lettoknow.com/gmail-to-outlook/
Automated Solution to Export Gmail Emails to Outlook
The manual methods which are discussed above to export emails from Gmail to Outlook may not be that effective all the time. The main problem with these methods is the risk of data loss. So to overcome the risk the user can prefer a third party solution which often provides Safe and highly secured methods. SysTools Gmail Backup utility is one such save & efficient method to export Gmail messages to PST file. The tool can easily take backup of Gmail emails & export it to PST file format as per the requirement. Additionally, the tool provide ‘Delete-After-Download’ option, which will automatically delete exported data from Gmail account, when this feature is enabled.
Quick Steps to Export Gmail Emails to PST
- Download and Launch the Backup Utility
- Enter Gmail account Id and Password for login & Authenticate
- Choose the Catergory as “email” and email format as “PST”.
- Select the Folder filter & Date filter for selective emails export
- Choose the destination location and click Start button.
As mentioned in the above article, Gmail is considered as the king of the free email services. But, now we can say that Outlook has shown tremendous features which Gmail lacks. Through this article, the users can easily find the reasons to export Gmail to Outlook PST with attachments either using manual or automated solution.