The article illustrates all about the method to convert Lotus Notes NSF to Thunderbird. So, stay till the last to know the best conversion method without data loss.
Nowadays, due to the rise of technology, all desktop-based email clients want to give more advanced features so users can move towards them. So in the line of a desktop-based email client, Lotus Notes is one of the most trusted names. It helps the organizations to maintain a smooth workflow. But, most organizations do not configure Lotus Notes exclusively for the purpose of emailing because the configuration process is very complicated and also it very complicated UI. So, most of the users avoid Lotus Notes and start searching for any other option
Here comes Mozilla Thunderbird, an open-source desktop-based email client with lots of features. Along with that it free, so, most of the individual users or organizations use this email client for their low-level employees. \So, If you are also hunting for a way to convert Lotus Notes NSF files to Thunderbird, then this is the right place for you. Here we going to discuss two ways to complete this task.
Smart Way to Convert Lotus Notes NSF to Thunderbird
If you want an instant solution for the same then there is only one way and that is an automated way SysTools NSF Converter Tool is the most preferred utility by the professionals because of its features. The software can easily convert NSF files into four different file formats such as EML, MSG, PDF, and MBOX.
With the help of this tool, you can also able to convert your NSF file directly from the domino mailbox. The tool also able to convert NSF calendars and contacts in MBOX file format. The tool is capable to preserve folder hierarchy, Internet Header, HTML Formatting during the conversion process. A: long with that, the tool is capable to convert to Docklink.
Also Read: How to Fix Lotus Notes Failed to Start Error
Working Steps of the Tool
1. First, download and install the tool
2. Select the NSF file radio button and then choose Add File(s) or Add Folder option to add NSF files
3. From Export Option choose MBOX option
4. Choose the Advance Conversion Option as per your requirements
5. Select the destination location to save the resultant file
6. Click on the Export button to convert Lotus Notes NSF to Thunderbird
7. Once the NSF file converted into MBOX then you can simply import this file directly to your Thunderbird account.
Manual Way to Convert Lotus Notes NSF to Thunderbird
If you are seeking for the manual way to, then you must be using Lotus Notes 9 edition because if you are using the older one then there is no method available. Lotus Notes 9 edition, comes with a new feature, that allows the users to save all their NSF files into EML format. So, to do this follow the below steps:
- First, Open Lotus Notes on your computer
- After that, click on the File option in the menu bar
- Now, from the drop-down menu select the Preferences option
- Click on Basic Notes Client Configuration from the left pane
- In the additional options section, tick the checkbox Drag and drop saves as a .eml file and click OK.
- Once all done drag and drop the emails to save your NSF as an EML file.
Note: A free manual method is a nice approach for those who have fewer emails in Lotus Notes because here in this method you have to drag and drop the emails one-by-one which is worthless in the case of a huge number of NSF files.
Whatever the reasons to convert Lotus Notes NSF to Thunderbird, Here in this blog we have discussed the two most effective ways to complete this task. Now, it up to you to choose the right one for you as per your requirements.